Which do you think is better?

kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914
edited December 1969 in New Users

I'm looking to pick one of these up very soon but I'm not sure which one I should get.

Which do you think is better and why?

https://www.daz3d.com/wet-sweat-rain-for-genesis-2-female-s

or

https://www.daz3d.com/wet-body-geometry-shells

Comments

• Steven-VSteven-V Posts: 727
    edited March 2015

IMO, at least based on promo renders (which admittedly can sometimes be deceiving), the first set looks better. However, make sure you click on the compatible skins link and check if you have the skins it will work with. It seems like there is a very large list of ones it won't work with, like the FW skins (of which I have quite a few). The second one doesn't look as realistic (again, based on the renders), but I think it is more universally compatible.

Post edited by Steven-V on
  • cecilia.robinsoncecilia.robinson Posts: 2,208
    edited December 1969

Geometry shells can be used on a wider array of figures on the other hand, so you might want to try both sets and simply return the one you like less. In case of promos, lighting changes everything. It is a problem to compare things using different lights.

edited December 1969

Yes, I understand that lighting is everything. You can't use DAZ for very long without learning that.

I think the more recent trend, which not every item has yet, but more and more have them, of listing "items used in promo images,' is helpful. I can see "OK, I don't have that add-on," so I know it will look different when I use it.

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914
    edited December 1969

I plan on getting both eventually (I like to have a variety of options to mess with) but right now I have no idea how far into the future that 2nd purchase is.
    I've only briefly messed with geometry shells once and it seems like something that's going to take practice to get the hang of using but the water/wet look was much more noticeable.
    The other I had to take a 2nd look to see the water but as you guys have already stated, that's just the promo images and lighting can change everything. So it may be that the easier one to use could also look a lot better with different lighting.

The simple solution would be to just win the lottery and buy everything in the Daz store... lol

edited December 1969

The simple solution would be to just win the lottery and buy everything in the Daz store... lol

Yes! That would be a great solution.