Infiniteskills training DVD and download

spmwcspmwc Posts: 124
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I recently purchased the infinite skills Carrara 8 training DVD and the infinite skills advanced Carrara training download to help give me a better understanding of how carrara 8pro works and what it can do. However, I am unable to get the working files that come with both the DVD and download to work so I can use them while I am following along with the training videos. When I open the main file for the working files and click on an individual file for any of the chapters, all I get is a blank carrara screen and a message that says an error occurred. I have tried opening the working files directly from the player using the icon indicated but I still get the same error message. It does not tell me what kind of error it is. Can anyone help me with this issue. I have contacted the infinite skills help desk but they have not been able to help me figure this out. Is there a special way to open these files. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!!!!

Comments

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

I didn't encounter this problem myself, so I might not be able to directly help, but PhilW is a frequent contributor on these forums (nearly daily) and I bet he'll be by soon to see your post and answer fairly quickly to help you out.

I was able to download everything from the infinite skills site when I got the courses, and didn't have any problems getting or accessing the working files (not that helps, but because of the fact I didn't encounter this problem I won't be able to help much).

• starboardstarboard Posts: 452
    edited December 1969

Good Morning.

First do you have a Mac or Windows. I have a Mac and had trouble getting the player provided by Infinite Skills to work. So after downloading the files I simply copied the downloaded movies into a separate file and played the movies on the Quick Time player.

The tutorials are excellent and well worth the trouble to get them working. Phil is your best bet for solving this problem. What you can do is provide some information on what system you are using and perhaps some screen shots showing the problem so that he has something to work with.

Good luck

Starboardtack

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,328
    edited December 1969

For Windows, here's what I've done:
    Located the whole main folder which contains all of the working files
    Copied that whole folder into My Documents > DAZ 3D > Carrara 8.5 > My Presets > My Objects
    Now in the Objects Tab I have that folder under the top "My Objects" hierarchy, and I open the files from there - works like a charm! ;)