Headless Guitars?

Absolutely love Sixus1 Media's Modern Guitar and their styles, but the one thing stopping it from being perfect is the lack of a headless guitar, or the ability to hide the head + nuts/tc itself/themselves. Seems to be an issue among the other guitars for Daz out there.

So, in short, are there any headless guitars out there that I'm missing, or any that allow you to turn off/hide said heads? Thanks.

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,884

If you're concerned about accuracy, it would take considerably more than simply hiding the headstock to make it look like a headless guitar.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,721

SvenX7 said:

Absolutely love Sixus1 Media's Modern Guitar and their styles, but the one thing stopping it from being perfect is the lack of a headless guitar, or the ability to hide the head + nuts/tc itself/themselves. Seems to be an issue among the other guitars for Daz out there.

So, in short, are there any headless guitars out there that I'm missing, or any that allow you to turn off/hide said heads? Thanks.

Probably because a Steinberger isn't as common. You can find one here for $5, but it's not DS ready, you will have to import the OBJ and adjust the shaders/textures

https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/various/various-models/strandberg-boden-7-os

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,884

FSMCDesigns said:

SvenX7 said:

Probably because a Steinberger isn't as common. You can find one here for $5, but it's not DS ready, you will have to import the OBJ and adjust the shaders/textures

https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/various/various-models/strandberg-boden-7-os

Steinbergers aren't as common, but headless guitars have been having quite a moment in the last 5-10 years. The model you linked is the similarly-named but distinct Strandberg, and quite a few companies also make headless guitars. I worked in a music store for many years, and every time the Gibson rep came in, I would make the case to him that they should revive Steinberger, especially since, between Moses graphite necks and a Korean company whose name I've long since forgotten that made the bridges, Gibson wouldn't actually need to make anything but the bodies.