The Non-Fungible People Collection is dropping soon!

Comments

• twalling said:

Any reason the NFP's are all female and non-binary, and males are not included?

This is probably not the only set of NFPs Daz will do, just the first, so the composition of future sets may well be different.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,395
    edited December 2021

twalling said:

Daz was supporting a women's organization, "Women in Tech". A percentage of the proceeds on all sales is going to that particular organization. Males will be coming out at some point I believe. 

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • twallingtwalling Posts: 241

Ah... makes sense.

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

frank0314 said:

twalling said:

Daz was supporting a women's organization, "Women in Tech". A percentage of the proceeds on all sales is going to that particular organization. Males will be coming out at some point I believe. 

I hope that DAZ will than do the same supporting for some more male organization... laugh

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,480

twalling said:

Ah... makes sense.

Would have made sense, if they had explained it...

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 734
    edited December 2021

algovincian said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Richard Haseltine said:

PerttiA said:

3141592654 said:

ALLIEKATBLUE said:

3141592654 said:

I am considering making some ... yes, I am whitelisted ... are we expected to produce full 3D items that require the interactive license or are 2d images sufficient? I have not worked with interactive before ... so that feels like a big step to take as I am not invested in it at all yet.

Have you figured this out yet? I have been getting some interactive licenses at least for the Daz originals since they are cheap now just in case

I received an official answer from DS HELP: yes, an interactive license is needed for the items used in a personal avatar for VR / 3D chatrooms.  When the NFP's went live, it also stated that the interactive license is part of the package. 

So, as it not an original figure, you not only need Interactive licence for that character, but also for the base figure, and everything fitted to the character that costs $800USD... 

As far as I can tell the NFP includes the interactive license.

Sorry it took a while to get an answer on this. The NFP includes the Inetractive License for the base figure and all the other elements, so you can use it in a game without needing any additional licenses (for as long as you own the NFP).

What about the renders that you made while you owned the NFT? Would you still own those after you've sold the NFT?

- Greg

I too would be interestedin an answer to this question. 

What about the renders that you made while you owned the NFP? Would you still own those after you've sold the NFP?

If a render of your NFP is listed as an NFT then i would expect that would still be your property eventhough you have sold the character (NTP).

You however would not be allowed to make any new renders with the character since you dont own them. Kind of like hiring a model for a specific photo shoot. (thats my understanding) Virtual people!

What if you have a bunch of unreleased renders of the NFP can those be listed once you have sold the NFP? (Sorry Wisdom says it sounds like digital pimping)

Post edited by Tugpsx on
  • I would think that the renders were in need of a license, at least to sahre them, but if in doubt it would be a good diea to open a ticket to get a definitive answer.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740
    edited December 2021

It’s still confusing to me that DAZ is offering this https://www.daz3d.com/nfp-starter-kit-01 without explaining to new users that it’s against the EULA to actually sell a DAZ model. Apparently the actual DAZ figures are included in the NFPs so someone who purchased it could actually pose and render it. So now people are going to think that ALL DAZ assets can be made into NFTs that are usable in DS, not just jpgs or licensed game assets but assets that can be rendered, posed, morphed, etc... which as DAZ customers, we are not allowed to sell. 

I know there’s a lot of controversy over NFTs in general but I think DAZ will find a lot of sharing and illegal selling of DAZ assets when people less scrupulous than the regular customers start discovering DAZ and what can be done with the models. There is nothing stopping anyone from duplicating all the assets in their NFT and using it in DS (or any other program) then reselling the actual NFT. Or creating their own NFPs to sell that include usable DAZ models and assets. DAZ characters will be all over the black market. The faithful customers have spent many thousands of dollars on assets that now sleazy scammers will be selling and reselling as usable NFTs or just pirating. Maybe sales will be much more than the loss from pirating, but still I think DAZ could be shooting themselves in the foot by selling USABLE assets in their NFTs. There is literally nothing stopping people from downloading and using the models, duplicating them, then reselling the NFT, is there? Or creating and selling their own NFP using assets like the free bundle above and thinking it’s perfectly OK to sell all DAZ assets, the actual assets, not jpgs, as NFTs. 

Post edited by Wonderland on
  • NFTs do not include the actual content, an NFT could certainly point to an unlicensed copy of a file but that would be a hideously expensive way of doing what, sadly, already happens.

edited December 2021

Richard Haseltine said:

NFTs do not include the actual content, an NFT could certainly point to an unlicensed copy of a file but that would be a hideously expensive way of doing what, sadly, already happens.

Many NFTs DO contain actual content and from everything I’ve read the DAZ NFPs contain a DAZ G8 figure, hair and clothes that are usable not only in DS but any 3D program for any purpose. Specifically advertised to use as your avatar in games/metaverses but also posable, retexturable, exactly what we get in a small character bundle. 

So if we own an interactive license, can we SELL our own DAZ model fully rigged creations as NFTs? This still is confusing for me. 

• Wonderland said:

Richard Haseltine said:

NFTs do not include the actual content, an NFT could certainly point to an unlicensed copy of a file but that would be a hideously expensive way of doing what, sadly, already happens.

Many NFTs DO contain actual content and from everything I’ve read the DAZ NFPs contain a DAZ G8 figure, hair and clothes that are usable not only in DS but any 3D program for any purpose. Specifically advertised to use as your avatar in games/metaverses but also posable, retexturable, exactly what we get in a small character bundle. 

No, the NFP is a bundle of content and an NFT - the NFT does not contain the data; if it did no other application I am aware of could access it.

So if we own an interactive license, can we SELL our own DAZ model fully rigged creations as NFTs? This still is confusing for me. 

No, the Interactive License does not allow the content to be sold as content, associated with an NFT or not, it allows only for the content to be used in a game or app (as set out in the license terms).

edited December 2021

Richard Haseltine said:

No, the NFP is a bundle of content and an NFT - the NFT does not contain the data; if it did no other application I am aware of could access it.

No, the Interactive License does not allow the content to be sold as content, associated with an NFT or not, it allows only for the content to be used in a game or app (as set out in the license terms).

OK, here is where it gets confusing... The NFT you buy includes the NFP content. If you sell the NFT, the original content must be sold with it. It basically is the NFT because without the content there would be nothing there. You are buying that specific avatar with specific hair, clothes, props. However you can bring that avatar into DS, Maya, ZBrush, whatever, alter it, save copies of it, create as many avatars as you want by playing with the assets/textures/morphs and save them and then you can just sell the original NFP NFT for a profit while keeping all the versions you created from that original. Seems like a great way to get free content while making a profit. 

Also by giving away/selling bundles like the one I posted before would lead people to believe they can create their own NFP NFTs to sell. If we long timers are so confused, imagine how DAZ newbies are now!

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,507
    edited December 2021

Why can we not see the NFPs before buying? Someone said that previews will be made visible in time, so if that's true, what would be the disadvantage of waiting until you can see it?

And before someone says that this is how other NFTs work, let me say that these NFTs are different because they have practical functions besides reselling for profit. Why would someone looking to get a rigged character for game creation or a personal avatar not want to see what it looked like first?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Wonderland said:

Richard Haseltine said:

OK, here is where it gets confusing... The NFT you buy includes the NFP content. If you sell the NFT, the original content must be sold with it. It basically is the NFT because without the content there would be nothing there. You are buying that specific avatar with specific hair, clothes, props. However you can bring that avatar into DS, Maya, ZBrush, whatever, alter it, save copies of it, create as many avatars as you want by playing with the assets/textures/morphs and save them and then you can just sell the original NFP NFT for a profit while keeping all the versions you created from that original. Seems like a great way to get free content while making a profit. 

No, if the others derive from the NFP then they have to go along with the NFP (or be deleted if that would involve sharing other content in a way not covered by its license). I don't know exactly what the NFT part of the NFP will do, perhaps it will point to the download or a page with the license terms, but the actual content is along with the NFT rather than part of it as far as I know (and on general principle).

Also by giving away/selling bundles like the one I posted before would lead people to believe they can create their own NFP NFTs to sell. If we long timers are so confused, imagine how DAZ newbies are now!

The free to people signing up with Discord doesn't have any additional licenses, so in principle it should be clear.

• SnowSultan said:

Why can we not see the NFPs before buying? Someone said that previews will be made visible in time, so if that's true, what would be the disadvantage of waiting until you can see it? 

That's a question you need to ask Daz, though from what others have said it's a common practice - you are potentially buying an NFP, but not a specific one, so it's likely that part of it is that previews wouldn't make sense.

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,507

Richard Haseltine said:

SnowSultan said:

That's a question you need to ask Daz, though from what others have said it's a common practice - you are potentially buying an NFP, but not a specific one, so it's likely that part of it is that previews wouldn't make sense.

That's...actually why I asked here, I figured if a mod didn't know, someone from DAZ might reply, considering that it just doesn't make any sense to buy something this pricey and not know what you're getting. If I were planning on buying one, I don't want one with a mustache, a cigar, or with her tongue sticking out, and as others have mentioned, the details on what one can do with these figures, the degree to which they can be customized (can their textures, facial features, and expressions even be changed?), and what is necessary to resell them is really a bit too vague.

• They're not going to come into the forums. To answer your questions. Isn't that right Richard? That's why we getting that same answer. Seem the only way to get to DAZ is through Discord.

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

AgitatedRiot said:

They're not going to come into the forums. To answer your questions. Isn't that right Richard? That's why we getting that same answer. Seem the only way to get to DAZ is through Discord.

One of the main problems seem to be, that semi-official voices of DAZ here - aka moderators - without real knowledge handed to them by DAZ try to do their best to answer questions for which they have no answers, but due to their function on this non-company made forum are seen as "the voice of DAZ" while they only voice their own opinions... it would help when they would do this with seperate non-moderator accounts, to see the difference between personal and "job related" (aka moderationable) posts by them.

And, by the way, Discord, where questions like this probably would soon vanish in the flood of post without the same options a forum offers (like easy scrolling or jumping to the start of a thread or more or less comfortable search options), is probably not a bit more sure to catch DAZ's attention. We have been told often enough that the only way to contact DAZ is by using the ticket system...

• This question backups up the help and support system. It's not if I'm going to buy, system. So let's overload a system by asking questions, not a help system with details about a product I might buy. This should be handled by DAZ, not Mods

• They could make a FAQ in the forums about all this so people can read and understand the whole thing instead of ignoring our questions. I am sure there are enough questions on this forum to make an awesome FAQ.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,480

AgitatedRiot said:

They could make a FAQ in the forums about all this so people can read and understand the whole thing instead of ignoring our questions. I am sure there are enough questions on this forum to make an awesome FAQ.

They do have a FAQ for NFP's 

NFP.JPG
    424 x 255 - 25K
  • Yet I can't click on the link in .jpg file.

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 734
    edited December 2021

AgitatedRiot said:

Yet I can't click on the link in .jpg file.

Here is the link to DAZ info on NFT and NFP

https://nfp.daz3d.com/

Post edited by Tugpsx on
  • Thank you.

• This has useful. Tugpsx 

• XelloszXellosz Posts: 742

Secondary sales royalty: 10% ???  What's that?  Will have to pay to DAZ a fee if I sell it later.

What should I know about licensing? image

As an NFP holder, you can do anything you'd like with your NFP NFT, with the exception of selling its individual 3D components. This is commonly referred to as the Daz Interactive License, which you can read about in detail here: https://www.daz3d.com/eula

Ultra Rares Breakdown
    There are 16 ultra-rare NFPs in the collection. 9 will be released to buyers and 7 will be held for the project’s creators and to develop the NFP IP.

Other Key Information

• Total number of NFP tokens: 8,888
    • Giveaways (community & team): 400
    • Secondary sales royalty: 10%
    • Ethereum blockchain as ERC-721 tokens and hosted on IPFS.
    edited January 2022

That's how almost all NFT's work, not just Daz. The originator gets a % of all sales on it each time it's sold for as long as it exist and being sold. I wouldn't think NFP would be any different.

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,576

frank0314 said:

That's how ALL NFT's work, not just Daz. The originator gets a % of all sales on it each time it's sold for as long as it exist and being sold. I wouldn't think NFP would be any different.

I don't think all NFTs pay royalties. They can be setup to do so, but they don't have to and not all do.

- Greg 

algovincian said:

frank0314 said:

That's how ALL NFT's work, not just Daz. The originator gets a % of all sales on it each time it's sold for as long as it exist and being sold. I wouldn't think NFP would be any different.

I don't think all NFTs pay royalties. They can be setup to do so, but they don't have to and not all do.

- Greg 

Thank you for pointing that out because I believe you are correct that it is an option. I'll edit my post to say that as well.

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,817
    edited January 2022

SnowSultan said:

And before someone says that this is how other NFTs work, let me say that these NFTs are different because they have practical functions besides reselling for profit. Why would someone looking to get a rigged character for game creation or a personal avatar not want to see what it looked like first?

There are examples of various NFPs in the Discord Server under Sneak Peeks. That said, if you participated, you wouldn't know what you got until the reveal (which is pretty usual for launches like this and that includes launches with extra utility as well so it's not unique in that space either) As for the disadvantage of waiting until you can see them, well that would depend on what one you liked and what the holder of that one would decide to do with it once revealed (hold on to it or sell it and if they sell it they could mark it up much higher then they initially got it for etc - especially if it ends up being one that is more popular than another one or as the popularity of the project itself rises) 

Think of it like baseball cards or any collector type cards but just with function. When you go to buy baseball cards or Magic the Gathering Cards or Garbage Pail Kids (went oldschool for that LOL) or Pokemon cards or anything similar they come in a foil pack. You don't know what you get till you open that package (AKA until what you got is revealed) From there people trade etc to get the specific ones they may want or they may keep what they get (that would be up to each person) They may decide to sell theirs (and they can decide to resell them before they even open them and baseball cards etc have also been sold/resold before being opened too) They may collect a bunch and sell "together" as a bundle as well (just like I could sell my baseball cards individually or a few together) 

Also of note, since it was asked, yes you can customize them to your liking so you can change the expression, makeup, hair color, etc. That was part of one of the AMAs. You get the rendered NFP and a duf but then you also get the zips/files that go with that NFP as well.

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on