The Non-Fungible People Collection is dropping soon!

13»

Comments

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,507

Thank you for answering. Does that mean that all NFP are invisible until they are purchased, and then they're revealed (so that only those that have been purchased and are being resold can be previewed)?

Also, can you change the clothing of an NFP? You mention expression, makeup, and hair color, but do the licenses allow for different geometries?

• SnowSultan said:

Thank you for answering. Does that mean that all NFP are invisible until they are purchased, and then they're revealed (so that only those that have been purchased and are being resold can be previewed)?

Also, can you change the clothing of an NFP? You mention expression, makeup, and hair color, but do the licenses allow for different geometries?

As far as I know they are custom characters for Genesis 8 Female, so yes you should be able to do anything you want.

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,817

SnowSultan said:

The reveal is a set date in time where they are all revealed at once. So they are not seen the second it is purchased (and people generally know that going into it). Everyone will see them at the same time (the reveal date). So right now anyone that is reselling is selling sight unseen without knowledge of what they personally got or what they are selling.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,480

So, even if you bought one, you can't see what you bought?

Does that mean the assets are not behind the link yet?

SnowSultan said:

What can be done with an NFP

• PerttiA said:

Or the link hasn't been issued.

PerttiA said:

Not until the reveal, as stated above smiley 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,480

Richard Haseltine said:

PerttiA said:

Or the link hasn't been issued.

As far as I have understood, the link is saved in the blockchain, so there must be one already but nothing at the end of it yet... 

edited January 2022

Thanks again for the information. I guess I have one more question, but i have a feeling it's not going to get answered. Really, and I'm not asking this because I'm against NFTs, I legitimately would like to know.

Isn't this basically asking someone to pay $800 to get a pre-assembled DAZ figure and simply skip learning how to do it in DAZ Studio? There's nothing rare about any of the content, it can all be purchased in this store. All of the bridges to other software are freely available plugins for DAZ Studio. If NFPs were $50, I'd say it's a deal because you could gamble and end up getting content worth more than that, like Ann's example of baseball or Pokemon cards above. This isn't that though and it isn't a unique figure, it's something that I could assemble in 15 minutes and the only difference would be the interactive licenses and that anyone interested in it would be able to see it first.

If there are any tangible or practical features that an NFP has over a user-assembled DAZ Studio figure, I would really like to know and I think your potential customers would too. 

Post edited by SnowSultan on
  • MadaMada Posts: 1,869
    edited January 2022

If you look at the roadmap on the NFP page at https://nfp.daz3d.com/#roadmap - you'll see that it will unlock features that a regular Daz character won't. Without the smart contract that comes with the NFP you don't get access to the PFP Utility Kit Release, daily freebies, events, tutorials and workshops and whatever else giveaways are unlocked for NFP holders. You can sell the NFP onwards as an NFP for someone else to use, something you can't do with characters and outfits purchased in the store, licenses included. I am not talking for Daz, this is what is stated on the page above.

Post edited by Mada on
  • OK, sorry once a ask questions probably answered already, but I still don't get it.

So some weeks ago I made a wallet and put some (very little!) funds in it. Not more than just 0.0175 ETH. That was worth around € 70 then, now my wallet tells me it's worth € 59. So much for that crypto-currency but hey guess I am late to the game.

The Non-Fungible People Collection is said to be minted at 0.2 ETH. So that would be more than 10 times the funds I have then or €700+ per item, right? And I would also have to wait and see what figure I get as there seems no way to select a particular one?

Or did I get anything wrong and access to those People is easier?

If not I may have to pass as this whole thing seems to be for folks who got their ETH cheap a long time ago.

Also as I did just connect an empty wallet for fun I was said that the transaction would not cost 0.2 ETH but rather 2.44 ETH in Amount + Gas. Sorry to say but I am not able to spend $9,371.19 on one NFT.

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,576

DAZ_ann0314 said:

SnowSultan said:

The reveal is a set date in time where they are all revealed at once. So they are not seen the second it is purchased (and people generally know that going into it). Everyone will see them at the same time (the reveal date). So right now anyone that is reselling is selling sight unseen without knowledge of what they personally got or what they are selling.

So when is the actual reveal date? I just looked at the roadmap and it's confusing as some events are marked by # of discord members while other things on the timeline reference a % (presumably of the 8888), and there are actual dates on there, too.

If any people here have bought one and are willing, I would be interested in talking to you about why you made the purchase, what you intend to use your NFP for, and about your experience so far.

- Greg

• Rod Wise Driggo said:

So some weeks ago I made a wallet and put some (very little!) funds in it. Not more than just 0.0175 ETH. That was worth around € 70 then, now my wallet tells me it's worth € 59. So much for that crypto-currency but hey guess I am late to the game.

The price of Etherium will rise and fall ... long term it has risen ,so if you hold onto it, you may get back more than you put in.

The Non-Fungible People Collection is said to be minted at 0.2 ETH. So that would be more than 10 times the funds I have then or €700+ per item, right? And I would also have to wait and see what figure I get as there seems no way to select a particular one?

The public minting price is .2 E - so yes, close to $800. And yes, you would have to wait until reveal to see what you would get. After reveal, you can choose the one you like ... however, the price may be higher or lower than .2 E.  Obviously the plan is for the price to be higher, but the more common ones may not make it and the rare ones should go for a lot more.

Or did I get anything wrong and access to those People is easier?

Nope ... those who are 'investing' and minting these new do not have any clue either.  Perhaps the administrators know more, but not the members.

If not I may have to pass as this whole thing seems to be for folks who got their ETH cheap a long time ago.

As with any investment strategy, you get in when you get in and, hopefully, things continue to rise ... it is a risk - and usually not cheap to start.

Also as I did just connect an empty wallet for fun I was said that the transaction would not cost 0.2 ETH but rather 2.44 ETH in Amount + Gas. Sorry to say but I am not able to spend $9,371.19 on one NFT.

Hmmm ... I am assuming you made a wallet on MetaMask. It is known for making outrageous prices for a purchase if you do not have enough funds in your account: so that $9,000 purchase might return to $900 if you actually had enough funds in your wallet.

Without the smart contract that comes with the NFP you don't get access to the PFP Utility Kit Release, daily freebies, events, tutorials and workshops and whatever else giveaways are unlocked for NFP holders. You can sell the NFP onwards as an NFP for someone else to use, something you can't do with characters and outfits purchased in the store, licenses included. 

Thank you, so the short answer is the only real difference between NFPs and the figures we've been assembling in DAZ Studio is that the NFP can be resold.

• algovincian said:

If any people here have bought one and are willing, I would be interested in talking to you about why you made the purchase, what you intend to use your NFP for, and about your experience so far.

- Greg

If you have a specific question, go ahead and ask. In the meantime here is my story:

When Daz first announced the NFT market, I largely ignored it ... too pricey and it did not seem helpful to me (I am not an investor - nor am I big on the digital universe).

Almost a month ago, Daz announced the non-fungible people (NFP) project. I decided to go through it as best I could to learn what this is all about. As events turned out, I was able to make the 'whitelist' which means I was able to purchase an NFP at discount ... and I bought one - not as an investment (and certainly not for making a 3D avatar as I have more than enough DAz Studio assets to make my own) - but to continue learning the process ... owning one has opened up channels within the discord group I would not otherwise be able to access. I could sell it now at the selling floor price and make some profit (about 3X what I paid)  but at this point my intention is to hold that NFP until reveal ... and then sell it. I think I will feel better personally doing it that way because the buyer will know what they are paying for. Perhaps there is also the slight twinge of hope I get a somewhat rare one and make more money. Date of reveal is vague ... but possibly in several days.

What do I think about the project as a whole?  Oooof.  I will be glad to be out of it.  Etherium itself is an investment risk. It is being used to purchase more investment risks in the 2d art / 3d avatar world. Every step of the way involves a lot of extremely wasteful computer processing (did I mention I have a conservation biology degree). And while Daz Studio's NFP project actually has usefulness and utility and are in this for the long haul ... in searching the market I see 'the good, the bad, and the ugly'.  Some are definitely out to just get rich quick. The worst are set up a little bit like a pyramid schemes. Caution is the big word I would use in the general field.

At the same time, I think Daz is at the forefront of making useful 3D avatars and as this usefulness is discovered by the 3D users, may become VERY successful and profitable for those involved. Later, many other similar groups will likely form.

But for myself, I want out ... I am not made for this type of long-term investment stress.

• 3141592654 said:

algovincian said:

- Greg

If you have a specific question, go ahead and ask. In the meantime here is my story:

When Daz first announced the NFT market, I largely ignored it ... too pricey and it did not seem helpful to me (I am not an investor - nor am I big on the digital universe).

Almost a month ago, Daz announced the non-fungible people (NFP) project. I decided to go through it as best I could to learn what this is all about. As events turned out, I was able to make the 'whitelist' which means I was able to purchase an NFP at discount ... and I bought one - not as an investment (and certainly not for making a 3D avatar as I have more than enough DAz Studio assets to make my own) - but to continue learning the process ... owning one has opened up channels within the discord group I would not otherwise be able to access. I could sell it now at the selling floor price and make some profit (about 3X what I paid)  but at this point my intention is to hold that NFP until reveal ... and then sell it. I think I will feel better personally doing it that way because the buyer will know what they are paying for. Perhaps there is also the slight twinge of hope I get a somewhat rare one and make more money. Date of reveal is vague ... but possibly in several days.

What do I think about the project as a whole?  Oooof.  I will be glad to be out of it.  Etherium itself is an investment risk. It is being used to purchase more investment risks in the 2d art / 3d avatar world. Every step of the way involves a lot of extremely wasteful computer processing (did I mention I have a conservation biology degree). And while Daz Studio's NFP project actually has usefulness and utility and are in this for the long haul ... in searching the market I see 'the good, the bad, and the ugly'.  Some are definitely out to just get rich quick. The worst are set up a little bit like a pyramid schemes. Caution is the big word I would use in the general field.

At the same time, I think Daz is at the forefront of making useful 3D avatars and as this usefulness is discovered by the 3D users, may become VERY successful and profitable for those involved. Later, many other similar groups will likely form.

But for myself, I want out ... I am not made for this type of long-term investment stress.

You say the word "investment" multiple times.  Is Daz saying this is an investment product in their Discord?

• RobotHeadArt said:

3141592654 said:

algovincian said:

- Greg

You say the word "investment" multiple times.  Is Daz saying this is an investment product in their Discord?

Not as far as I am aware.

• RobotHeadArt said:

It's complicated. Daz is entering the 3D / NFT market with a usable product that is also artistic. The NFT market is mostly investment oriented. In a way, there is not a 'usable' market in 3D space yet.

Basically, it feels like a square peg in a round hole ... and the effect is you can use it or you can invest with it. Judging by the discord membership comments ... there are a lot of both. I am not sure I could say Daz is trying to sell it as an investment .. but that is the market it is being distributed in. 

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,576

3141592654 said:

algovincian said:

- Greg

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond so throroughly and with such candor, @3141592654. It's much appreciated and exactly the kind of info I (and I assume others) was looking for.

- Greg

• @3141592654

Thank you for the detailled answers. Lucky you that you made in on the whitelist. Was not following along that intensly. Anyhow at regular minting price the thing is out of reach. Paid not much more for a "real" QLED this christmas ;-)

• XelloszXellosz Posts: 742

What an incredible day yesterday! We’re proud of this great community and more confident than ever in the future of this project. By now you probably know that your NFPs are more than just terrific PFPs - each includes a high-quality, full-body 3D model that can be used in video streaming, imported to game engines, and so much more. On top of that, we’ve developed groundbreaking brand partnerships to reward NFP holders that we’ll start announcing soon.

Hat tip to all you Diamond Hands out there! Did you know that just 2% of the NFPs are for sale on the secondary market - this is among the best projects out there! We sincerely appreciate the support and confidence from this community.

Beginning on Friday, we’ll mint (and hold) 333 additional NFP NFTs each day until we are completely sold out, which means all NFPs will be minted by Monday, at the latest! We’ll be using these as part of our upcoming strategic partnerships and for fun community building activities.

Finally, our reveal date will be about 10 days after sell out, giving our product team time to put the finishing touch on its quality review of each NFP. We’ll share more details about the reveal as we get closer to the date. Thank you all for joining us in this journey! 

P.S. Join us for a pre-reveal AMA on Friday!

Soon we will know what DAZ was cooking with NFT's. (Source: discord)