Abstract images via DB/Horo tuts rendering very differently to Nano Preview (link to scene file incl

AethyrAethyr Posts: 91
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Hi there,

I recently got the David Brinnen / Horo tutorials on abstract art in Bryce ( http://www.daz3d.com/shop/bryce-7-pro-abstract-wallpapers/ ), but every time I go to render, the scene looks nothing like it was shown in the Nano Preview. For those unfamiliar with the tutorials, simply speaking they involve putting a camera inside a transparent object and using a 360 degree panoramic projection for the render.

My Nano Preview is set to 'fast preview' and looks similar to what's shown in the tutorial videos, with all sorts of abstract shapes being distorted by viewing through a refractive transparent object. However, the actual renders invariably turn out very bland and un-detailed, with virtually no similarity to the preview.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. In the hopes of getting more expedient advice, I've uploaded a scene file I put together; this should not require anything that's not included by default in Bryce 7 Pro: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1896361/Arbitration of Fundamentals (Abstract 2).br7

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction; this method seems to have a lot of potential but of course it's not much use if I can't get it to work! Thanks in advance to anybody who can help out :)

Comments

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited August 2012

Hmn... your dropbox threw an error. You can email the file directly to me? It should be small... [email protected] and we will try to get to the bottom of the issue.

Cheers,

David.

Edit. mail(at)davidbrinnen(dot)com since for some reason this forum does not wish to display email addresses?

Post edited by David Brinnen on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

But strangely enough it will show them in the type box if you hit the quote button.

We think it is something to do with stopping spambots harvesting email addies from the forums.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the tip Pam!

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,129
    edited December 1969

@strangeloup - yes, error 404 page not founf. The Escherian cube is very nice, though.