M4 Eye Blink

starboardstarboard Posts: 452
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hi,
I have been searching for the morph that allows an M4 to blink. I thought I had seen it at one time in the morph list, but I may have been mistaken. I have the +M4 INJ morphs. Is this a situation where you have to move the lids independently to make your own blink morph.

Thanks for the help,

Starboardtack

Comments

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

I'm not aware of a blink morph per se, but in the base M4 (even without any morphs added) on the 'head' in the parameters you can find an EyesOpen-Close morph.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

There are morphs for closing and opening the eyes with base morphs. Select Head in the hierarchy, then, in the General Tab, expand Morphs|Expressions, then Base. Look for, EyesOpen-Close. Right below the EyesOpen-Close slider, there are Open-Close sliders for just the right or left eye as well.

Just a suggestion when creating a blink, and that is to use the Linear tweener between keyframes to avoid any unwanted movement.

• starboardstarboard Posts: 452
    edited December 1969

Thanks guys,
    Thanks Evilproducer, your directions took me right to it. I had searched all through the morph menus a number of times. I must have passed over it without seeing it.

Thanks again,

Starboardtack

edited March 2015

There are so many, it can be easy to miss.

Post edited by evilproducer on
  • argus1000argus1000 Posts: 701
    edited December 1969

When you use Mimic Pro for Carrara, any figure blinks automatically.

edited December 1969

Or you can make an NLA clip for just the eye-blink and use it again and again....

edited December 1969

Argus1000

Thanks for the info on Mimic Pro. I took a look at it..that is quite a plugin. I watched the video, really impressive. Unfortunately I have a Mac, which is not supported. However, I have been wondering how to lip synch with key frames, not knowing that there was a plugin that allowed you to simply talk into the microphone.. Sometimes I feel so far behind the times that I wonder why I am learning 3D.

Thanks again,

Starboardtack

edited December 1969

Argus1000,
    Just watched your video "Trance".. Very good and quite compelling. An unusual story for 3D. So did she go back the next night and really "Get even" ?

Thanks for the help,
    Its time for bed..Now I've got to worry about sleepwalking.
    Starboardtack

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,253
    edited December 1969

Or you can make an NLA clip for just the eye-blink and use it again and again....
    That's what I did. That darned "Blink" clip is so darned useful! Just add another NLA track to my characters just for blinking - Dart doesn't blink as much as Rosie, whom double-blinks at times. The clip can also be scaled to make for different timing between the various characters... quite the useful (and incredibly simple) thing to have in my clip collection!
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,952
    edited December 1969

Are you certain mimic plugin for Carrara not Mac? I can recall many Carrara Mac users using it.

edited December 1969

msteaka said:
    Argus1000,
    Just watched your video "Trance".. Very good and quite compelling. An unusual story for 3D.
    Thanks.
    So did she go back the next night and really "Get even" ?

Who knows?
    edited December 1969

msteaka said:
    Thanks for the info on Mimic Pro. I took a look at it..that is quite a plugin. I watched the video, really impressive. Unfortunately I have a Mac, which is not supported.

Daz has a Mac version of Mimic Pro for Carrara.
    edited December 1969

Argus1000
    Thanks again. I located the Mac version for Carrara - SKU 5683 -$100. It sounds too good to be true. I was under the impression that all the lip synching had to be done manually. I have never had a need for it up until now so I was not paying attention. I have found a few tutorials on Mimic Pro and it seems to be reasonable and do-able. I don't need it today so I will hold off on the purchase, but when I do get it I am hoping that the DAZ installer will place it in the right folders. At present I am bogged down trying to get work out on my "Mute" figures.

What is a little scary is what else is there out there in Carrara that is not even on my horizon. The learning curve has divided into branches.

Thanks again..
    Starboardtack