The old railway station work in carrara?

HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,934
edited March 2015 in Carrara Discussion

Hay , this product is listed as daz studio but I see it has a dson installer, any one tried in carrara 8.1, 8.5?

Don't know much about 8.5 nor dson.

Thanks in advance

http://www.daz3d.com/the-old-railway-station
Also http://www.daz3d.com/the-old-railway-thumper

Headwax ;)

Post edited by Headwax on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,952
    edited December 1969

needs a lot of work AND DAZ studio
    I used a DAZ studio obj export myself choose convert maps for Bryce

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited March 2015

Like many DS sets it does need work. I use Fenric's Shader Doctor - select the scene, 1 click and it's done. I only discovered it recently and it's one of the best things I've bought. But that's not all you need to do, since a lot of the UVs are broken (fortunately that's only a few clicks - go into the vertex modeller, select the model, UV Map then untick "Wrap U Values". The station is just a single model, but you'll need to do each of the poly tree models separately.)

I find I need to go through this process with pretty much every DS set (even Stonemason's).

Here's three quick renders. "Out of the box" - DUF loaded from the content manager (I added the train, but I didn't add the track extensions, which are a separate prop) I added realistic sky and a fake GI dome for lighting.

2nd render is after running Fenric's Shader Doctor

3rd is after fixing up the UVs

BTW, this is in C8.5. DSON is only for Poser, it's irrelevant to Carrara.

TOS3.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 1M
    TOS2.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 1M
    TOS1.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 1M
    Post edited by TangoAlpha on
    edited December 1969

yes I have C8.5 and can get it in too but the other option of using DAZ studio export is better for other versions of carrara
    I found it terrible in Poser BTW

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

8.5 is the only version of Carrara I have, so I don't know if my method would work in earlier versions. I try to stay out of Studio if I can help it, since it tends to get me riled up - it's like trying to work in lego.

edited March 2015

yes duf in C8.5 best way, other ways need lots of work indeed but regardless this set needed a lot
    oddly I got it into iClone from DAZ obj export easily
    in bits admittedly due to size

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,934
    edited December 1969

Thankyou Tim and Wendy, I really appreciate. Your help! Thanks for the step by step too, will save a lot of work.
    So glad. I asked!

Regards from here ;)

Andrew