Scene Magnitude and adding new primitives

SighmanSighman Posts: 56

Hi all,

I am trying to write a command that adds a primitive to a scene. The problem is that the primitive does not scale to the Magnitude of the scene when I insert it into the instance tree. I have found that I have to multiply everything by the scene->GetMagnitude() value to get it to be created at the right scale. Here is my function:

boolean TestCommand::Do()
{
 TMCCountedPtr masterObject;
 MCIID riid;
 TMCCountedPtr params;
 gShell3DUtilities->CreatePrimitiveByID(kCubePrimitiveID, &masterObject;, IID_IShParameterComponent, (void**)¶ms;);

TMCCountedPtr instance;
 gComponentUtilities->CoCreateInstance(CLSID_StandardInstance, NULL, MC_CLSCTX_INPROC_SERVER, IID_I3DShInstance, (void **) &instance;);
 instance->Set3DObject(masterObject);
 TMCString31 name;
 params->GetClassNameA(name);
 instance->GetTreeElement()->SetName(name);

real32 value;
 params->GetParameter('scal', &value;);
 value *= fScene->GetMagnitude();
 params->SetParameter('scal', &value;);

instance->GetTreeElement()->SetMasterGroup(fMasterGroup);
 instance->GetTreeElement()->CenterHotPointOnElement();

fTree->InsertLast(instance->GetTreeElement());

TTreeTransform globalT;
 globalT.ConvertMode(TTreeTransform::kCarrara);
 globalT.SetUniformScaling(fScene->GetMagnitude());
 globalT.SetOffset(TVector3(0, 0, value / 2.0F));
 instance->GetTreeElement()->SetGlobalTreeTransform(globalT);

return true;
}

Notice all the places I need to apply the scene Magnitude to get the cube to be inserted at the right scale. I was just wondering if there was a better way to do this. I am hoping for something that does not require me to crack open every primitive to adjust its size.

Comments

• dtammdtamm Posts: 126
    edited April 2015

You may have noticed you are getting odd results because you are not adding the masterObject to the scene. After you create the masterObject do:

fScene->Insert3DObject(masterObject)

Then you can set the name and create the instance.

You don't need to set the transform.

You can continue to use the params->SetParameter or you can do the following:

TMCCountedPtr geomPrimitive;
     params->QueryInterface(IID_I3DExGeometricPrimitive, (void**)&geomPrimitive;);
     if (geomPrimitive)
      geomPrimitive->SetScalingFactor(fScene->GetMagnitude() * geomPrimitive->GetScalingFactor());

Post edited by dtamm on