OT: LG Dualup Monitor

Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 2,013
edited December 2021 in The Commons

Ever want a dual monitor setup but don't have the desk real estate? Then LG has the monitor for you, it is called the LG Dualup monitor the image below is what makes it so special..

So you can have the awesomeness of two monitors without the hassles of a huge desk.. laugh

https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/lgs-unique-1618-multitasking-dualup-monitor-wont-be-a-pain-in-the-neck-4192981

Post edited by Ghosty12 on

Comments

• That is a cool monitor! I suddenly want two of those next to each other

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 2,013
    edited December 2021

It is definitely a brilliant idea, and having two would be awesome.. Imagine having four monitors in the same amount of space that two would normally take up..

Post edited by Ghosty12 on
  • I think that the amount of light coming off of that would start to bake you lol, but it would be fun. 

• Presumably when one fails the whole unit has to be replaced, so possibly more expensive in the long run - plus not so good for the neck, I suspect, as a side-by-side arrangement.

• joseftjoseft Posts: 310

The Dua Lipa monitor

When it was first announced, if you were to google it, you would get "did you mean: Dua Lipa?" from google laugh

they seem to have corrected that now, but the nickname might stick. Have seen it referenced in at least 2 other places

• prixatprixat Posts: 1,588

That's literally a 42" 4K tv cut in half vertically! cheeky

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,929

Or search 'rotatable monitor' and find monitors that can rotate between landscape and portrait and have hundreds to choose from.

• Haruchai said:

Or search 'rotatable monitor' and find monitors that can rotate between landscape and portrait and have hundreds to choose from.

As I recall performance does suffer when rotated, or at least did tend to in the past.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,993

I find vertical videos bad enough, that is horrifying 

• stephenschoonstephenschoon Posts: 357
    edited January 2022

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I find vertical videos bad enough, that is horrifying 

+1

Continually moving your head up and down would be worse than  the trouble I had having two monitors side by side. In the end I had to buy an extra wide monitor, that way the thing I'm working on is in the middle with other stuff on the periphery.

Post edited by stephenschoon on
  • ColinFrenchColinFrench Posts: 645
    edited January 2022

Richard Haseltine said:

- plus not so good for the neck, I suspect, as a side-by-side arrangement.

Definitely. Stretching your neck up repeatedly to look at the top section would be much worse than glancing from side to side.

Appropriate monitor positioning has been documented for quite a while by multiple sources, e.g. the Canadian Centre For Occupational Health and Safety. An illustration of the basics from the CCOHS:

Monitor positioning CCOHS

The whole idea is to position the head and neck as close as possible to it's natural neutral state rather than forcing it into an unnautral position.

Yes, this means that folks who stick a desktop PC underneath their monitor, or worse yet, buy a monitor stand, they're doing it wrong and it will become a literal pain in the neck over time.

Post edited by ColinFrench on