Animate 2

MetalSunde94MetalSunde94 Posts: 87
edited March 2015 in Art Studio

Hey before I gonna buy Animate 2.
I have to ask, Does it work with Genesis 2 characters??

OR

if there some other animation program that is for Genesis 2...

Post edited by MetalSunde94 on

Comments

• argus1000argus1000 Posts: 701
    edited December 1969

Hey before I gonna buy Animate 2.
    I have to ask, Does it work with Genesis 2 characters??

Yes, it does. You might have to do some manual modifications on the aniblocks created for V4/M4 for example, because Genesis has different bones than V4/M4. But yes, animate 2 works perfectly with Genesis 2.
  • 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited December 1969

Forgive the total n00b question :red:

The aniblocks for Gen 2 characters (from vendors like SimonWM, SKAmotion, Posermocap and others) will work in aniMate 2 , right? :-P

edited December 1969

The aniblocks for Gen 2 characters (from vendors like SimonWM, SKAmotion, Posermocap and others) will work in aniMate 2 , right? :-P

Of course.
    edited December 1969

argus1000 said:

Of course.

Thanks muchly for the confirmation, argus1000 :-) Got aniMate2 when it was on Related Madness last night :)

Saw your "Trance"; it was amazing! Is the dynamic (?) cloth effect something that can be done only in Carrara?

edited December 1969

Saw your "Trance"; it was amazing! Is the dynamic (?) cloth effect something that can be done only in Carrara?

Thanks.
    No, Carrara is not ready for that. I did the dynamic cloth in Daz Studio 3 and imported it in Carrara as DAE files. But in Daz Studio 4, the process is different. If you want to export, it has to be as DUF files.
    edited December 1969

argus1000 said:

Thanks.
    No, Carrara is not ready for that. I did the dynamic cloth in Daz Studio 3 and imported it in Carrara as DAE files. But in Daz Studio 4, the process is different. If you want to export, it has to be as DUF files.

Thanks for the tip, argus :)