Unreal Engine Hair Physics Surfaces Help?

TestUserForeverTestUserForever Posts: 35
edited December 2021 in Unreal Discussion

So i have a hair model in Daz3D and i want to combine all the Surfaces so i can make only 1 hair physics asset in Unreal Engine. How do i combine surfaces in daz studio?? I dont see combine surfaces option or assigning to another surface in Geometry editor and in geometry assignment i see only selection and regidity options. Can anyone help?

Post edited by TestUserForever on

Comments

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390

guestest3 said:

So i have a hair model in Daz3D and i want to combine all the Surfaces so i can make only 1 hair physics asset in Unreal Engine. How do i combine surfaces in daz studio?? I dont see combine surfaces option or assigning to another surface in Geometry editor and in geometry assignment i see only selection and regidity options. Can anyone help?

you gonna probably need a third program like blender or maya to do that. 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800
    edited December 2021

you can select by surface and asssign to another one but they need to be using the same texture maps or it will look odd

it also may end up too big to solve in Unreal which is why I myself prefer them separate

Honestly these days it's often easier to export the hair separately at 0,0,0  as an obj, load it into Blender use the hair converter, hide emitter and export an alembic file for a groom than clothify the hairs

I can then in the ThirdpersonBP assign it to the head socket of any character, or for a NPC attach it to the head in the editor,  I export them all baldcheeky

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on