How can I make a high LOD/SubDivision-Level G3M third person playable character?

How can I use the Daz to Unreal plugin to make a third person playable character with a Genesis 3 Male figure that has a Hercules HD morph with SubDivision Level 3?

Comments

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390

scar_hand said:

How can I use the Daz to Unreal plugin to make a third person playable character with a Genesis 3 Male figure that has a Hercules HD morph with SubDivision Level 3?

this can help you

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/501096/tutorial-how-to-baking-normal-maps

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/490511/tutorial-how-to-create-lods-inside-unreal ;

• With the newer versions of the plugin, you can just transfer the character at subdivision 3 by choosing the option in the UI that comes up.  As far as making the character playable, following this tutorial should work for Genesis3 as well. 

• David Vodhanel said:

With the newer versions of the plugin, you can just transfer the character at subdivision 3 by choosing the option in the UI that comes up.  As far as making the character playable, following this tutorial should work for Genesis3 as well. 

Should I use the Daz to Unreal plugin from the Unreal Engine Marketplace, or the plugin from Daz3d.com (this website's) shop?

• Hi, David Vodhanel. I read your webpage on manually updating the Daz to Unreal plugin, then I installed the latest version of this plugin from your GitHub page. With it I was able to import a G3M figure with SubDivision Level 3 and Hercules HD morph applied. Thank you for your help.

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390

scar_hand said:

Hi, David Vodhanel. I read your webpage on manually updating the Daz to Unreal plugin, then I installed the latest version of this plugin from your GitHub page. With it I was able to import a G3M figure with SubDivision Level 3 and Hercules HD morph applied. Thank you for your help.

have in mind which having too much "high poly/ high defintion" characters in game can be a lot perfomance demanding specially for games, even for unreal 5, unless you use a good LOD system to compensate for that.