Nature lake and forest anyone gotten it to load?

WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I have tried the preload, one bit at a time, a Poser pz3 export and a duf import
no luck
one bit at a time it freezes on about the 5th item grass 1 but I suspect any would do so after so many loaded
DAZ and Poser handle it fine so why doesn't carrara?

Comments

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

I have tried the preload, one bit at a time, a Poser pz3 export and a duf import
    no luck
    one bit at a time it freezes on about the 5th item grass 1 but I suspect any would do so after so many loaded
    DAZ and Poser handle it fine so why doesn't carrara?

I just tried the Nature Lake and the exact same thing happens for me. Piece by piece freezes up at some point and the preload hangs forever at 52.9%.

Sorry - no solution, but I can confirm it's not just you. :(

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038
    edited December 1969

yeah tried an obj export from DAZ too
    annoying as in ORDS it loads only partially textured and I mainly got it for DAZ studio to use in Octane so would need a lot of work there
    Forest superior low rez works well in Octane so hoped this would too, that takes an hour to load in Carrara too but I prefer to do my own populating of terrains with plants using replicators anyway, I have chopped out single instances of Petroskys trees and they work well replicated in OR4C
    not returning as will do same with the parts on this set just a pity.

edited December 1969

been grabbing ANYTHING with transmapped trees as Octane loves em!!!
    it hates carrara trees

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited December 1969

Urroh Wendy,I dont have nature lake and forest but I have Forest Superior, which loads as you know in Poser easy peasy and never loaded for me in Carrara at all - just froze. But, I found that loading each piece i n bit by bit and then aligning the geometry xyz everything settled into place and I could load the car file in the future no probs. This is from memory, could have been sloight different in reality

edited December 1969

head wax said:
    Urroh Wendy,I dont have nature lake and forest but I have Forest Superior, which loads as you know in Poser easy peasy and never loaded for me in Carrara at all - just froze. But, I found that loading each piece i n bit by bit and then aligning the geometry xyz everything settled into place and I could load the car file in the future no probs. This is from memory, could have been sloight different in reality

yeah my saved forest superior car file is fine
    edited December 1969

I just did a tediously long Iray render of it in DAZ
    Pity Carrara will not load, could do out of core Octane render DS Octane hates it too.

final.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

I don't have that scenery. Are all those trees & plants instanced? (& if so, how does it load into Poser?) Or are they separate props? In which case it must be a real memory hog...

edited December 1969

Loads fine straight away into PP12 rendertime another story as is DAZ
    they are indeed all mesh which is why I may cut up the tree and grass sets in the vertex modeler and use replicators instead
    that Iray render took about 2hours which is kinda pointless for animation nice as it looks.
    I know once loaded carrara could handle it I have rendered the dreamhouse fully furnished in Carrara at very reasonable speeds though loading it is a super pain.
    I feel as though something else in play here as highpoly and textured as it is it should still load just render slow like DAZ and Poser do.
    Does Carrara have less memory than DAZ and Poser?
    My interactive settings are low and tried working in bounding box but no difference, the lake alone with the dead trees will not even load.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

I see on the blurb it's labelled as Poser Pro only, so I guess that means it blows the limits of 32-bits (I only have Poser 10, which is 32-bit, and quite a few big scenes just crash & burn. Even small ones die by the time you add a few actors!)

Reason I asked is cos I'm trying to convert my hill scene to DS (stop laughing) - just the smaller one though, and as I'm sure you can imagine, it's causing 1 or two headaches. I cut my computing chops back in the days of 8-bit machines where 8K was a lot and 16K was to die for, so I've always been minimalist where poly count is concerned. Imagine my horror when I converted one of my Carrara big oaks to a vertex model and saw it had 2.8 million polys! (I've now got it down to about 50,000 while still looking reasonable).

edited March 2015

OK the first LOD I can load, takes an hour but saved to carrara browser only a minute
    Octane render with sky deleted and water converted to octane glossy material same textures and colours in rgb image channels etc
    if I can get the other two saved in the browser it should load, may need to break them down or save single loads

!preload-NLF-LOD-1-and-2.png
    1920 x 1080 - 5M
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on