Optitex Dynamic Loincloth Fail

Ok, so, I have M4 posed, with the dynamic loincloth on, and I set the collisions, at first, to collide only with M4, and I hit 'Drape'. No draping, just an error. (See image.) Then I set it to not collide with anything, just as a test. Same error.

Since it suggests checking the cloth settings, I did, but I have no idea what I'm looking at or looking for, since most of my work with dynamic cloth has consisted of 'load thingy. fit thingy. click drape.' Gravity is set to 1.0 and the parameters are in the other attached image.

Is it possible that this is a problem with the pose? I mean, the loincloth appears to have (in its undraped state) bent with the thighs, instead of just hanging down, which is what one would expect it to do in this sort of pose, so is it just freaking out because it's not expecting to drape that dramatically in that direction? I have no idea. I'm totally guessing. Any help would be awesome.

LoinclothFail.jpg
926 x 649 - 200K
LoinclothSimError.jpg
415 x 127 - 23K
Post edited by thinmick_3ecd3939f1 on

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Is it possible that this is a problem with the pose?
    yes thats it .

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,128
    edited December 1969

It might work better with an animated drape... hopefully M4 would make a smooth transition from the default pose to your target pose... maybe 20 frames would do it... then you could just render the last frame for your still.

• edited December 1969

MrPoser said:
    It might work better with an animated drape... hopefully M4 would make a smooth transition from the default pose to your target pose... maybe 20 frames would do it... then you could just render the last frame for your still.

Bless you, sir. That was exactly what it needed. I'd never have thought of it because, well, I never animate anything. Ever. But, yeah, worked perfectly.

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,128
    edited December 1969

Great! That's similar to the way Poser Dynamic cloth works too.

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited August 2012

The difference between a working pose and one that triggers this can be very subtle, so sometimes a tweak of the pose may be enough to stop it happening. Intersection between two pieces of the garment seems to be much higher risk, as do poses where the garment is intersecting the skin and it is difficult for the software to decide which way to move to resolve the issue. Tweaking the pre-drape pose of the dynamic clothing itself can sometimes help.

Post edited by DWG on