stockings/pantyhose and posing

edited August 2012 in The Commons

how do fellows deal with stockings and pantyhose...with high heel foot poses...?

when i fit stockings and apply a heel foot pose... the result is unsightly...

what would be the best way to deal with this... (manually..?)

thank you

Post edited by filthian_3d2cc71e45 on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,287
    edited December 1969

Unsightly how? Assuming you mean virtual hosiery, if the stocking or tights are conformed they should follow the pose.

• reelyorreelyor Posts: 235
    edited December 1969

You don't say what figure or version of what software you are using. But assuming you are using Studio 4 and a genesis figure, try applying the clothing and then auto fit, but set the collision iterations way down to 1 instead of the default.
    If you are using Gen 4 shoes with Genesis, they won't work well at all.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,800
    edited December 1969

Always apply the genesis toe poses FIRST, then apply your hosiery.

• edited December 1969

hi guys ... i was away on vacation ... sorry i didnt get to reply...but im back...
    i am using ds4 with genesis figure and trying to apply a .obj type of hoisery...like superhose or that from a outfit package...
    the way object is un-sightly...hose autofits the legs and shins etc well...but the "hose feet" stick out from the genesis feet (that are posed for high heel - either before or after auotfitting of the hose .obj - i tried both ways...same results)
    i have to rush to work but i will post examples pics soon...thanks for your guys patients....

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

What option are you using to autofit the hose? For hose you really want the boots setting, feet sticking out sounds like you used bodysuit, which doesn't use the foot bones.

It would also be helpful to tell us which set of hose you are using.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,287
    edited December 1969

Yes, AutoFit does a poor job with feet in many cases - though I'd have thought hosiery would be fine. If you have a generation 3 version, and the matching gen3 shape for genesis, that may give better results. If you are using the OBJ and the Transfer utility are you remembering to tell it that the source shape was V4 and to reverse the source shape?

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

One alternative that doesn't rely on conforming and is absolutely pose independent is Marieah's One Click Corsetry over at Rendo http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/one-click-corsetry-redux/79079 Despite the name it includes hose as well as corsets and relies on a texture overlay system to put the hose texture on top of the existing skin. The only real limitation is separate toes, rather than a combined sock-toe.

• edited December 1969

i got a better start with -- autofit as "boot" --- i was selecting tight pants....thanx for the help all

• hzrhzr Posts: 207
    edited December 1969

If its V4 cloth just use Victoria 4 as preset and leave the other setting at none. Should do a good job for pretty much anything. I use this for stockings all the time and havent had trouble with it so far.