Carrara Challenge #16 - Myth and Legend - VOTING THREAD - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Comments

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited April 2015

VOTING IS NOW CLOSED!

Winners to be announced when I awaken from my impending Nyquil coma sometime later today.

Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Very nice work everybody! Very nice!

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited December 1969

Very nice work everybody! Very nice!

yes the entries are all superb

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

And the winners are....

FIRST PLACE......................Stezza, Norse God of Thunder

SECOND PLACE................Jonstark, Villain of Nottingham?

THIRD PLACE.....................Head Wax, Sant Padrig Taflu y Pagan Devils Allan Iwerddon

HONORABLE MENTION....Diomede64, Pied Piper of Hamelin

Thank you again to DAZ for their ongoing and generous support of this Callenge and my personal thank you to everyone who entered or who participated in the WIP thread!

I will contact the winners via PM shortly with details on collecting their loot. :)

• DADA_universeDADA_universe Posts: 336
    edited December 1969

Yaaaay! Congratulations Stezza, Jonstark, Headwax and Diomede64 and well done MDO2010 for running such an interesting challenge, you're a winner too!

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Stezza! No longer the bridesmaid! Congrats man!

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

Yay Stezza! Congrats :D

• stringtheory9stringtheory9 Posts: 411
    edited December 1969

Congratulations Stezza! And great job Jonstark, head wax and Diomede65, very impressive work! In fact all entries were superb!

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

Sweet! My first time placing, and I feel humbled to be included in such company, thank you guys very much, it's really great to place :)

Congrats to Stezza, Headwax and Diomede, and really congratulations to all of you guys who participated and made the challenge so much fun (and such a great learning environment too to play around with new concepts and peek behind the curtain to see how others do things). Thank you for running a great challenge MDO!

Lately I've been missing out on all kinds of challenges, I had a great idea for the first 2 animation challenges, but didn't have enough free time the execute, and then I had a great idea for a Mark Brenner's 'under the bed' Glory challenge, but only after it closed, but I'm really glad I got enough free time to participate in this one, and intend to make sure I clear enough time to keep participating in the future challenges, as I really do believe they are extremely valuable in learning new processes and techniques and ways of doing things (and even of mindsets toward approaching rendering). I just wanted to give a shout out of thanks to all you guys who make these challenges so great. :)

• MarkBremmerMarkBremmer Posts: 190
    edited December 1969

Very nice work by everybody!

edited April 2015

Congratulations to the winners!
    I would like to personally sweeten the pot.
    All four of you may PM me with any product from my store of your choosing. Since the DAZ 3D prize is already scaled nicely, each of you may pick one item and PM me with your choice.

Very nice work, friends!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited December 1969

Jonstark said:
    Lately I've been missing out on all kinds of challenges, I had a great idea for the first 2 animation challenges, but didn't have enough free time the execute, and then I had a great idea for a Mark Brenner's 'under the bed' Glory challenge, but only after it closed, but I'm really glad I got enough free time to participate in this one, and intend to make sure I clear enough time to keep participating in the future challenges, as I really do believe they are extremely valuable in learning new processes and techniques and ways of doing things (and even of mindsets toward approaching rendering). I just wanted to give a shout out of thanks to all you guys who make these challenges so great. :)
    I've been suffering the same problem, and intend to make the same correction.
  • MarkBremmerMarkBremmer Posts: 190
    edited April 2015

Jonstark said:
    I've been suffering the same problem, and intend to make the same correction.

This is exactly why I'm creating and doing challenges myself.

For the last couple of years I'd completely quit doing CG/3D for fun – and it was starting to show up in my professional work. "Playing" always teaches me new things and exposes me to visual side-tracks that the business of imagery does not.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Post edited by MarkBremmer on
    edited December 1969

Congratulations to the winners!
    I would like to personally sweeten the pot.
    All four of you may PM me with any product from my store of your choosing. Since the DAZ 3D prize is already scaled nicely, each of you may pick one item and PM me with your choice.

Very nice work, friends!

Very generous Dart! Thank you very much :) (Swordworks for M4 animation kit, here I come...)

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,990
    edited December 1969

Oh gosh!

this is a complete surprise....

thanks for the congrats everyone... excited and nervous at the same time..

I see I have several PMs waiting to be read, I'd better go see what is install for me.

Thanks for your votes

Thanks to DAZ for the prizes
    and thanks Dart for your sponsorship of prizes for the placegetters

and congrats to Jonstark, Headwax and Diomede64 on your entries, which were really top shelf stuff.. and everyone else who contributed to the WiPs & entries to the challenge..

Good job MDO2010

I have an idea for the next challenge but first I must see what the PMs have to say... :-)

edited April 2015

Super Well deserved congratulations Stezza, Jonstark, and Diomede64!
    You all did rambunctious work, and I must say that the whole plethoric pantheon of entries was scintillatingly superb.
    You are all a bunch of PROTOGENOI ! :) (Not sure what that means, me neither)

Ha ha, but seriously, it was wonderful seeing the works emerge to fruition.
    Thanks to Daz and MDO2010 once again.

Looking forward to seeing what nightmare Stezza serves us up....:)
    And maybe we can spare a little time to enter Mark Bremmer's rendo challenge in the meantime

Dart, thank you so much for your kindness.!

And afterwards....
    I think we all need to sit down and do a think tank of what Carrara products we would like to see in the marketplace.....

Post edited by Headwax on
    edited December 1969

UPDATE:

I have emailed Britney and am awaiting a reply to hopefully confirm DAZ's continued support of our Challenges..

I have also secured sponsorship from a very well known & respected PA here at DAZ3D... EPIC is all I can say at this moment

I will get the details posted as soon as I sort it all out ( boy, does this part take a bit of time, copying & pasting stuff )... but I will say that this challenge being so EPIC will run for around 6 ( six ) weeks so it gives everyone a chance to enter including everyone that has purchased Carrara in the latest sales to the die hard Carrara users of this forum..

I hope you will all join in as the prizes from our supporting PA, have I mentioned it?, will be EPIC!

I hope that some of you will also help me in promoting the Challenge in the Commons as you have in the past

I'm excited to be your host .... I hope you all will be as excited in entering the next challenge.. the XVII Carrara challenge

It will be EPIC

edited December 1969

Stezza said:
    UPDATE:

I have emailed Britney and am awaiting a reply to hopefully confirm DAZ's continued support of our Challenges..

I have also secured sponsorship from a very well known & respected PA here at DAZ3D... EPIC is all I can say at this moment

I will get the details posted as soon as I sort it all out ( boy, does this part take a bit of time, copying & pasting stuff )... but I will say that this challenge being so EPIC will run for around 6 ( six ) weeks so it gives everyone a chance to enter including everyone that has purchased Carrara in the latest sales to the die hard Carrara users of this forum..

I hope you will all join in as the prizes from our supporting PA, have I mentioned it?, will be EPIC!

I hope that some of you will also help me in promoting the Challenge in the Commons as you have in the past

I'm excited to be your host .... I hope you all will be as excited in entering the next challenge.. the XVII Carrara challenge

It will be EPIC

Is this going to be about the TV show, How I Met Your Mother? I keep getting feeling that the term, Epic is somehow important. :-)

edited December 1969

busy plagiarising :-)

keep guessing.. I actually suggested the topic about a year ago in a post in one of the challenges :-o

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited December 1969

Congrats, Stezza. Great image. And congrats to all the entrants. Appreciate Daz supporting these and Mark for running an excellent challenge.

I just went on YouTube and searched for epic. Epic fails dominated. Worth searching for epic fails if you have a juvenile sense of humor, like me.

edited December 1969

diomede64 said:
    Congrats, Stezza. Great image. And congrats to all the entrants. Appreciate Daz supporting these and Mark for running an excellent challenge.

I just went on YouTube and searched for epic. Epic fails dominated. Worth searching for epic fails if you have a juvenile sense of humor, like me.

I could be mis-remembering the phrase. Barney says it a lot.

edited December 1969

that's Epic Stezza! I was hoping for a pigeon racing thingy, oh well, ;)

edited December 1969

head wax said:
    that's Epic Stezza! I was hoping for a pigeon racing thingy, oh well, ;)

Pigeons? I don't have them, but I do have chickens, ducks, geese and guinea fowl. Maybe I can post a reference. ;-)

edited December 1969

I am still getting over the BS image you posted!!

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

Just love the automated BS remover - here we have to use spades:)

Come to think of it, that could come in handy here...maybe get one installed in the TOS?

edited December 1969

there wouldn't be any of my posts left :)

edited December 1969

Epic Pigeons...

I like it ;-)

edited December 1969

head wax said:
    I am still getting over the BS image you posted!!

Don't make me post the picture of the cow placenta! ;-)

Oh, what the heck. Look what you made me do! Look real close! Your wife may recognize it in her face cream and other assorted makeup products.

Some cultures eat them. I wonder what a good wine pairing would be?
    :coolsmirk:

The_little_guy_RIP.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    What_wine_goes_with_placenta.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 3M
    Mmmmm-Placenta.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Roygee said:
    Just love the automated BS remover - here we have to use spades:)

Come to think of it, that could come in handy here...maybe get one installed in the TOS?

I wish it were mine, and the barn, and the tractors, and the bank account that bought it.... ;-)

Actually the place is owned by a very nice family that emigrated from Holland to farm in Wisconsin. The wife missed her Gouda, so about six or seven years ago she learned how to make it, with no previous experience. The last couple years, she's won top international awards for the cheese, including the the top award for all cheeses if I remember it correctly.

edited December 1969

head wax said:

You all did rambunctious work

Awesome word usage there, and my new favoritest word! It's almost scrumtulescent! :)