Character Pros & cons

anahita347anahita347 Posts: 1
edited December 2021 in Product Suggestions

Hi here I am going to publish my idea's on daz figures.

1 - male characters are not realistic. ( Compared with Female ones) we have supposed to accept something as male, I like to have every day males that we see in streets, office,....

2 - Female characters are better but have more workto reach realism. They have their problems (breast size or cup size,....) If we want a flat chested woman like "Jane Birkin" we must use brest morphs and we have defomedand ugly thing in our scene.

3 - body hair : they are illusional done by Texture(eyebrows, pubic hair,....)

My proposal for problems above:

1 - Daz must produse different body types without sex differentiation. the character's sex will be choosen by artist

2 - anatomical elements, Body hairs, Eyebrows, eyelashes, breasts must be separate props,actualy genitals are props

3 - these props must be clothing enabled. ( female breasts are clothing enabled so females can wear even male shirts)

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Moved to product Suggestions as it is not a daz Studio question, and certainly not an SDK (plug-in writing) question.

1. Was done with the original Genesis  - it made content development much harder, so subsequent geenrations have been split.

2. Theer is nothing stopping people from doing this - and indeed a lot of genesis 8 characters do have fibre brows at least, and some also pubic hair. GeoGrafting breasts might have their benefits, but they would either require separate textures or they would still suffer from texture stretching. It would also be an issue making clothes and other fitted items fit across the different meshes.

3. I'm not at all sure what you mean here.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,721

Honestly, I feel users need to look at the bigger picture. In my expreience a user needs to learn to apply some techniques and skills (such as texture editing, creating morphs, using existing morphs, using the tools and plugins provided for Daz Studio, etc) to achieve higher goals than what DAZ provides. DAZ figures have improved on detail and quality quite a bit in the last couple of years, and probably will in years to come.

Want everyday type males, there are plenty of characters you can kitbash together to create what you need,

As for body hair, there are options for fibermesh and strand based hair, but these take up quite a few resurces which is probably why they are not used as much.

• To a large extent it's possible to go as realistic as you have time to create. When it comes down to it, the person who looks back at you in the mirror is the one who knows how far to go, and can do most about getting what you want.
  • There are products out there that can do this, you just need to know what to search for. Anagord over at renderosity has a lot of morphs you can use (you just need to edit to taste - in otherwords, I don't use a full 1.0/100%, but maybe a fraction of that, to achieve the desired look.

As for men, from what I have read in multiple posts, they don't sell nearly as well as females, so you have artists creating what sells.  In otherwords, why waste time and energy to create something that doesn't, or won't sell.

• shg0816_13461e8196 said:

There are products out there that can do this, you just need to know what to search for. Anagord over at renderosity has a lot of morphs you can use (you just need to edit to taste - in otherwords, I don't use a full 1.0/100%, but maybe a fraction of that, to achieve the desired look.

As for men, from what I have read in multiple posts, they don't sell nearly as well as females, so you have artists creating what sells.  In otherwords, why waste time and energy to create something that doesn't, or won't sell.

I disagree, all female ones haven't a good sale, in the otherhand  a good figure will have good sale female or male, I don't buy the futa things for example