Invoking a command line argument via post-proces script

I found a denoiser the other day I really like. I want to automatically apply it to a render as soon as it's saved.

Is that possible? I don't see any obvious means of accomplishing this via App in a post-process script.

Looking to do:

"path_to_denoiser.exe" -i sAbsolutePath -o sAbsolutePath

Comments

• MartirillaMartirilla Posts: 172
    edited December 2021

The problem is likely to be found with the OS rather than the script. Windows for instance does not appear to permit passing command-line style arguments to an .exe file launched via a script. You might however instead invoke the .exe and pass it one of its own script types to do the required work. For instance, if the Denoiser is GMIC operating as a plugin for Photoshop, then in Python that would look like:

import subprocesssubprocess.call([r'C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018\Photoshop.exe',r'C:\do_script.jsx'])

Not sure what it looks like in DAZ Script though. But basically, just be aware that passing command line switches to an .exe may not be possible in a script running under Windows.

Post edited by Martirilla on
  • OmnifluxOmniflux Posts: 360
    edited December 2021

Combine Render Post-Process with DzProcess as referenced by Richard to implement this.

Post edited by Omniflux on