Downloading Purchases

Hi all, when downloading purchases do i have to reinstall Daz Central every time, can't use DIM as it is out of action.

Thanks

pete

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,646

I use DIM, but I feel pretty confident that you don't need to reinstall Daz Central each time.

Why is that your impression?

And why can't you use DIM?

• felis said:

I use DIM, but I feel pretty confident that you don't need to reinstall Daz Central each time.

Why is that your impression?

And why can't you use DIM?

yes that is my impression

DIM keeps crashing, Tech. support can not see why so don't bother with it

• And Daz Central doesn't crash? Do you get any errors when DIM crashes? Have you checked the log (from the settinmgs menu, the gear icon)? What are your system specifications?

• Richard Haseltine said:

And Daz Central doesn't crash? Do you get any errors when DIM crashes? Have you checked the log (from the settinmgs menu, the gear icon)? What are your system specifications?

Dez Central doesn't crash, been through the logs and everything with Tech Support they were very helpfull but problem could not be resolved, Daz central is fine just that i made a purchase the other day and daz Central reinstalled, was just wondering if that woud happen with every purchase i make

• If DIM stays open for long enough have you tried creating a new account (using the same credentials)?

• petes imagespetes images Posts: 213
    edited December 2021

Richard Haseltine said:

If DIM stays open for long enough have you tried creating a new account (using the same credentials)?

no but will give it a try

Tried it just says just keeps saying the same when i close it "install manager has encountered a fatal error and must close", i installed my last purchase through daz central, so not really a great deal of trouble. just wondering if Daz central had to be reinstalled every time i do make a purchase.

Thanks for your help anyway

happy new year and stay safe

Post edited by petes images on
  • Why do you need to reinstall Daz Central? It should persist, like any software instalaltion.

• btw - one can go to their Product Library in their Account and manually download most products, including any available templates.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Why do you need to reinstall Daz Central? It should persist, like any software instalaltion.

it just did it

• petes images said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Why do you need to reinstall Daz Central? It should persist, like any software instalaltion.

it just did it

If daz Central keeps being uninstalled then I think you have a general system issue, which probably also accounts for the DIM crashing issue. The first suspect would be security software, followed by other system utilities3