Blender Object to Daz Studio with missing Texture/shader

Hey Guys, 

i have a Problem by a Car from Blender by importing it to Daz Studio, in the Attached Pictures you can see the Car in Blender with all Materials/Shaders how it should look, but if i´m importing it to Daz Studio as a FBX File, it´s just white and black? Any idea how to fix that?.

By exporting it from Blender i used the format FBX and by Path Mode i used Coby and clicked also on Embed Textures.

Bild_2021-12-31_132103.png
1018 x 697 - 608K
Nissan Skyline in Blender.png
1345 x 807 - 1M

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,576

I am not aware of any method by which you can import an object into Daz Studio with all materials.

You can get a few maps, but not a full material setup. And even more dependant on hpw the shaders are done in Blender.

So generally I think you need to redeploy the materials in DS.

• lukon100lukon100 Posts: 752
    edited December 2021

I agree with felis.

The best I've been able to do for getting materials transferred brom Blender models is to just re-texture the model using my own collection of Daz shaders and apply any image maps from the Blender model as best I can.

But getting those image maps exported from the Blender model is not always easy. The trick is finding them. And I don't remember the trick at the moment. But if you want I can call up my notes on how to do it and post them here.

Post edited by lukon100 on
  • Mmh OK. Is there maybe some way to export the shader/material from blender and using it in Daz studio.?
  • You can always use the maps from Blender in Daz Studio. But this will be a laborious process, and it will not look precisely the same. As others havef said, with so many great resources for materials tailored for IRay, why not just re-texture the object in DS? You'll be more satisfied with the results.

As a second option, have you considered staying in Blender?

• lukon100lukon100 Posts: 752

luisaadler95 said:

Mmh OK. Is there maybe some way to export the shader/material from blender and using it in Daz studio.?

I suspect not. Not by any practical means at least.

Transferring shaders from Blender to Daz is probably like transferring rigging from Blender to Daz: it is possible, but you will have to pay professional software developers a ton of money to do it. You'll find that people regularly write free or low cost programs to transfer things from Daz to Blender. But nobody ever tries to go the other way because it is way too copmplex a task that would require a team of well paid softwere coders.

• felis said:

I am not aware of any method by which you can import an object into Daz Studio with all materials.

You can get a few maps, but not a full material setup. And even more dependant on hpw the shaders are done in Blender.

So generally I think you need to redeploy the materials in DS.

Could you explain me how I can redeplay the materials?
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,034

Multi Map Loader or Map Master Pro are the easiest way to load maps in bulk onto a model. Map Master Pro is pretty finicky about how the files are named, so Multi Map Loader might be the better way to go, but I can't speak from experience on that.