Weird Genesis 8.1 ladies' teeth and Face Controls not working

WandWWandW Posts: 2,783

I picked up Vicky 8.1 \ and Bonnie 8.1 in a flash sale the other day.  The figures are awesome, except for their teeth.  Vicky's teeth seem too small  for her mouth, with gaps between them, and Bonnie looks like she might be related to Golem. Their teeth in the promos look quite lovely.

I'm using Studio 4.16.0.3 installed via DIM, as is my content.  I redownloaded and reinstalled the G8 Starter Essentials.
These are the figures as loaded using the 8.1 Smile Open Full Face expression and lowering the jaw. I looked at the hidden morphs, but didn't see anything obvious that might relate to teeth...

Also, the Face Controls do not work.  They are parented to the figure when I load them from the Development folder, but they don't do anything.
Thanx in advance!

V 8.1 smile.jpg
970 x 918 - 264K
G8.1 Bonnie dressed face IBL 13 1 happy.jpg
970 x 918 - 580K
Post edited by WandW on

Comments

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,767

Deformed teeth are sadly common. I don't think V8.1's teeth look too bad in your example but Bonnie's look awful. I would place a support ticket, DAZ really should fix that.

ITF's free teeth scale morph is a good solution, but last time I checked the morph wasn't working correctly anymore for some reason. I don't know what the problem was, or if it has been fixed since...

https://www.sharecg.com/v/94074/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/InTheFlesh-Merchant-Morphs-for-G8F-Vol.-1

https://sharecg.com/v/94004/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/InTheFlesh-Merchant-Morphs-for-G8M-Vol.-1

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,783
    edited December 2021

Hylas said:

Deformed teeth are sadly common. I don't think V8.1's teeth look too bad in your example but Bonnie's look awful. I would place a support ticket, DAZ really should fix that.

Their teeth look great in the promos, though; improved teeth was touted as one of the features of 8.1.

EDIT; here is the Bonnie Promo...

Those morphs lile like they might be useful in other applications; I'll check them out.  Thanx. 

Post edited by WandW on
  • vozolgantvozolgant Posts: 207
    edited September 2022

I've got this same problem. There are gaps between the teeth on Genesis 8 female and 8.1 female.

edit-- turns out it was XT mouth realism hd, a morph created when you run Xtransfer 1.3 on genesis 3.  XT mouth realism HD gets set to 100 and default, set it to 0 to get rid of the gaps.

Post edited by vozolgant on