Kin

I recently tried the Kin character for Genesis 8 male.  Loaded defalut charater and did quick render.  The figure disapeared when rendered.  Only the eyes remainded visible.  Can some one help with this problem?

Comments

• Which version of Daz Studio - Help>About Daz Studio? If you select the figure, then go to the Surfaces pane (Window>Panes(Tabs)>Surfaces), switch to the Editor tab, and select one of the skin surfaces in the list on the left what shader is listed at top-left of the pane?

• Studio version 4.10.  Shader is Iray Uber. 

• Kin works nice on me.

DAZ4.10??? But we are in 4.16PRO.... xD

• Anarkia333 said:

Kin works nice on me.

Very slow internet and very underpowerd computer, just nerver update.  If my wife gets her bonus we might get a better computer.   Kin is the only charicther I have any porblem with.  I wosn't sure if it was something wrong with my settings or if it the old version of Studio.  

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,810

Anarkia333 said:

Kin works nice on me.

not useful to those with GTX cards blush 

• Anarkia333Anarkia333 Posts: 104
    edited January 2022

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Anarkia333 said:

Kin works nice on me.

Oh yea? User with GTX prefer 4.10?

Very dangerosu I thing, 4.10 not know new Drivers NVIDIA, and new content is make and test with 4.16.... xD

Post edited by Anarkia333 on
  • Anarkia333 said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Anarkia333 said:

Kin works nice on me.

Oh yea? User with GTX prefer 4.10?

Very dangerosu I thing, 4.10 not know new Drivers NVIDIA, and new content is make and test with 4.16.... xD

Yeah, but some people are stuck with older hardware right now for various reasons, so its not like they have a choice. Upgrading to a newer version would effectively break Daz Studio's iray rendering on their systems so they have to stay with an older version of Daz. Some of the new content they can still install & use, but for things like Genesis 8.1 characters they will not be able to use. Imo, right now they're not missing much in regards to 8.1 characters since there's a lot more content for previous character generations.