Shader Problem

GuruvarGuruvar Posts: 344
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Hello,

I'm creating a custom character (not using Genesis or other Daz formats). I was playing around with Shaders for the eyes, and I can't seem to get them to revert to their base values (except in preview mode). When I render, I get this. Any suggestions?

I tried applying other shaders to it, including the Base shader, but the eyes still show up as purple.

eyes.png
359 x 413 - 110K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,147
    edited December 1969

Check to see if there's an eye surface or similar material over the eyes, which you aren't modifying.

• GuruvarGuruvar Posts: 344
    edited December 1969

Hello Richard,

Sorry for the delay in response. Unless there's something hidden, I can't see any surface or material obstructing the eyes. The material in the preview port looks fine, also. It's just when I render it that I get the purple effect.

eyes1.jpg
    721 x 499 - 126K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,147
    edited December 1969

Which figure is it? The issue could well be in the specular or reflection settings, as well as the base diffuse.

edited December 1969

Hello,

It is a custom figure I rigged with Make Human. I just fooled around with the Specular and Reflection settings and it has zero effect. Everything was fine until I started playing around with the Shaders earlier today. Somehow I mucked it up when I applied a Shader.

edited December 1969

I'm at a total loss. I actually recreated the character from scratch and I'm STILL getting the same problem. I bought the DSON Editor to try to get into the nuts and bolts of the file, but I can't see anything wrong.

Does anyone have any idea as to where I could begin to look for a solution?

edited December 1969

Okay, I think I know what the problem is... will post results of my findings in case anyone else has the same problem.