Mirrors or mirror room

I have found some mirror props on the Daz store, but nothing I am really looking for. I am looking for a large wall sized mirror with no angle. I want/need 2 mirrors on opposite side from each other and a model in between so that you get infinite mirror repeats of the model.

Is there perhaps an environment/scene that has movable/copyable large mirrors in it like that, because seperately they are not sold it seems.

Comments

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • felisfelis Posts: 4,190

If you create a plane, set it to metallic, fully glossy, you get a mirror.

• ramon73ramon73 Posts: 94

cridgit said:

Would a simple plane primitive do? You could simply apply a mirror shader to its surface. Unless of course you want a frame and such.

Ah I see. Sorry, I am still a bit new at using Daz and did not know that is possible haha. If that mirror shader came with a all the Daz stuff I have downloaded so far then I will try to apply it to a wall prop. That will work then right?

felis said:

If you create a plane, set it to metallic, fully glossy, you get a mirror.

Thank you :)

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387

Could something like this work for you? https://www.daz3d.com/mirror-rooms

Leana said:

Could something like this work for you? https://www.daz3d.com/mirror-rooms

Yes that looks usable, thanks for the link!

I also found out to get a mirror working with a normal wall prop. Well sort off, I used polished aluminium and I have more or less a mirror now, The glossy shader didn't work for making a mirror, but I will figure it out :)

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

There's at least two free mirror shaders at ShareCG

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,898

Base Mixing: Metallicity/Roughness
    Metallicity: 1
    Glossy Layered Weight: 1
    Glossy Roughness: 0
    Base Color and Glossy Color: White

That should do it!

PerttiA said:

There's at least two free mirror shaders at ShareCG

Yes I found a few usable ones. The clear aluminium ones work very well! I have setup a nice mirror room now, thanks for the help :)

• I'd nevertheless like some good mirror props - and with a name other than hust "mirror" as that's not searchable in Content library without turning up each and every pose set :)

Of course a better search function in the lib would be even better, but that's another fish to fry ;)