An Odd Problem

CoryRose40CoryRose40 Posts: 25
edited March 2015 in New Users

I've run into an odd problem with the Star Character http://www.runtimedna.com/LLF_STAR/ I just started using her and was getting some real good results, then today this started to happen. I'm new to DAZ but this isn't happening with my other normal characters, V4, G2F, and Genesis all work just fine. Any one have any idea what could be causing the distortion? I am a Newbie, but so far none of my past problems seem to point to this one. This happens whenever I try and Pose the character with a preset or manually.

Star003.jpg
672 x 893 - 96K
Star001.jpg
672 x 893 - 57K
Post edited by CoryRose40 on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited March 2015

Make sure that you are loading the correct version of the figure, the DS one for DS and not the Poser one.

Oh and can you replace her bikini top or post an untextured version, as nudity is not allowed on the DAZ 3D forums. Thanks.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • CoryRose40CoryRose40 Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

I can remove the pic if you want, but the distorted version won't take a new top to hide the nudity. Sorry about that. And i used the version i always use to load the character.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Are these the same poses you were using earlier, or are you posing b y hand?

edited December 1969

same pose, I added a top and skirt to keep the nudity down and turned the character a little to hide a bit more

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Is this in 4.7 or the 4.8 beta?

edited December 1969

4.7 version, and i just removed a recent update I did this morning and it still does the same thing.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,097
    edited December 1969

What icon is next to the Star figure's entry in the Scene pane?

edited December 1969

3 boxes [one on top of two] right now

edited December 1969

After working on it for several hours I broke down and did a full reinstall of DAZ and the character and this has corrected the problem. I was trying to avoid doing this as I always end up losing a lot of things in the process. Thanks for the help, i know it was an odd one that no one seemed to have a clue about.

Star_001.jpg
    972 x 893 - 487K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 98,097
    edited December 1969

If the boxes were separated by lines then you were using the Poser-format version, which would have loaded without the weight maps. DS/TriAx figures have the boxes not clearly separated.