Warning: file /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 2/Female/Genesis2Female.dsf could not be found

crashworshipcrashworship Posts: 208
edited March 2015 in Carrara Discussion

I keep getting this error message every time I try and load a figure into a Carrara 8.5 scene. It could be any figure, not just a G2 character. Obviously my content data base in Carrara is misfiring somehow. I've got my Carrara library pointed to the proper folder which is the users/shared/My DAZ 3D Library folder. This is the same folder where DIM has installed all the content that I've been using in Poser Pro 2014 and DazStudio 4.7. I've traced the path to these dsf files in OSX's Finder and, as in this case the "Genesis2Female.dsf" file does seem to be where it's supposed to be. All versions of these apps are up to date. Both Poser and Daz are able to load these figures correctly. I've been using Poser and Studio for several years but just started using Carrara a few days ago so I'm not as familiar with navigating libraries as I am in Poser and Studio.

I'm using OSX Yosemite on a 27" quad core i7 iMac.

Any suggestions on how to correct this issue would be greatly appreciated.

carrara_dsf_error_message.jpg
1000 x 333 - 55K
dsf_file_path.jpg
1000 x 437 - 100K
Post edited by crashworship on

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited March 2015

is your cms running?

had that problem last year.

the valentina cms solved the problem for me.

Post edited by Mistara on
  • crashworshipcrashworship Posts: 208
    edited December 1969

Yeah I read that Carrara 8.5 doesn't support PostGre so I deleted it. But I've been unable to find any source which would allow me to install Valentina. I've scoured the Daz site and Googled the hell out looking for Valentina CMS but I only get references to PostGre back. And all those references only say that you can't use PostGre with Carrara. I'm still stuck and unable to load any figure into Carrara.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

There's an installer for the Valentina CMS is a subfolder of the DIM application folder.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,866
    edited December 1969

I'm running windows and had the same errors crop up on 8.5ProBeta the other day.

Happened just after the Genesis updates via DiM

I closed Carrara and opened DS loaded the same character with no problems closed DS went back to Carrara and all loaded ok..

till other problems started arising so I have now uninstalled the 8.5ProBeta and the postGre thing and went back to a somewhat normal install as fixmypcmike has said..