Creating Clothing against a Genesis 2 Morph

twallingtwalling Posts: 241
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I'm trying to make custom clothes for some Genesis 2 figures--I'm using Marvelous Designer. I make an obj out of a morphed character and model the clothes on it so it fits perfectly, but I'm stumped as to how to rig this properly.

I've seen this tutorial: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/creating_content/modeling/tutorials/creating_clothing_against_genesis_morph_shape/start

Will that work the same way on Genesis 2 as it did on Genesis?

I've tried this method, but hit a critical stopping point when it tells me to select "morph" under the source shape-- I often use more than one morph to get the shape I'm after. They made one out of Aiko, but what if I want to make one against a pregnant Olympia with the "implants" morph turned on?

Is there a way to bake the current shape into one morph that would show up in the menu when you select "morph" from the "source shape" in the Transfer Utility?

Thanks for any answers to this vexing problem!

Comments

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Working with multiple simultaneous morphs is a nightmare for me. I too would be very interested to see if there's an easy way to go about this. I've been making clothes using the Growing Up morphs which includes both the Youth morph and Youth posture. Getting it to follow one is easy enough, but getting it to work with both feels a lot harder.

I hope you get an answer to this interesting conundrum as it will no doubt solve a multitude of my own issues.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,549
    edited March 2015

Have you tried using "Current" as the source shape, assuming it is still morphed?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886
    edited December 1969

Build it around the base shape and T-pose, then reshape the mesh to fit your morphed shape and add it as a morph to the clothing.

Only draw back is that G1 and G2 both use the "auto follow" system, which will dump skin tight morphs into your clothing that match the dials you spun to make your character.

• twallingtwalling Posts: 241
    edited December 1969

Yes, I have tried "current" and it shifted the positioning of the clothing item.

Building the clothes on the non-morphed version of G2 is not an option I'm interested in. I want to build the clothes in Marvelous Designer against the shape of the character so that it fits the character, without stretching or distortion that you'd get from morphing.

There's GOT to be a way to do this. G2 is such a versatile figure, there HAS to be a way to make non-distorted clothes for them.

I'm still wondering if there's a way to make a full-body morph off the current dials that would show up in the "source shape" window..

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,549
    edited December 1969

Make sure there's no translation or scaling being triggered by any of the morphs you are using.

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,408
    edited December 1969

The trick I've always read for fitting clothes to various shapes for Genesis (and Genesis 2 I presume) is you first make the outfit for the base figure, then you create custom Full Body Morphs for the various shapes. The best person to talk to for that is SickleYield. She's an expert at that. She uses Blender, however.

edited December 1969

Make sure there's no translation or scaling being triggered by any of the morphs you are using.

Thanks, I'll check that out this evening.

edited December 1969

Nope, didn't work, the clothes still jump.

• Marmalade BoyMarmalade Boy Posts: 103
    edited December 1969

Hi Twalling,

I am not sure if you found an answer to this yet but just in case you did not, this is how I usually work.

1. I used the minotaur 6 body with Freak 5 superFreak
    2. exported from Daz, imported into MD and created cloths.
    3. run simulation and then export as OBJ.
    4. import into Daz and use the settings pictured for transfer utility.

Capture5.PNG
    677 x 881 - 378K
    Capture4.PNG
    1458 x 916 - 519K
    Capture2.PNG
    1578 x 928 - 247K
    Capture01.PNG
    1567 x 972 - 261K
    Capture3.PNG
    1528 x 837 - 445K