Gauging interesting Motion Captured Animations

edited December 1969 in Art Studio

Hi all,

Firstly, apologies if this is in the wrong section, i contemplated putting it in the suggestions forum but thought this might be more targeted.

I am currently a researcher at Northumbria University in the UK where my job typically involves motion capture of varying performances for research. I have developed my skills in MOCAP and then converting the said performances into FBX/BVH via MotionBuilder before rigging them to be friendly with DAZ skeletons. This has developed into quite a decent hobby outside of work too.

Anyway I’ve often had trouble finding decent animations (BVH etc.) online to animate my DAZ scenes, especially ones that play nice with Genesis characters. This got me thinking about possibly creating some using my Motion Capture Lab to get some really nice ones that include faces and intricate finger movements, and play nice with genesis/DAZ.

My idea is to create much smaller, more specific/detailed packs rather than 5000 two second clips. Also there might be an idea to create more bespoke stuff based on your needs. My aim would be only to charge a very small fee for the themed packs and a little more for bespoke work. For small individual motions or examples, these would be free to see if you like the quality.

My question I guess is, is there any interest in this sort of thing and if there was, what sort of stuff would you like to see?

Cheers

Kris