How do I add a poser runtime to carrara 5 pro?

xantorxantor Posts: 27
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

How do I add a poser runtime to carrara 5 pro?

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038
    edited March 2015

you cannot
    Carrara 6 was first one to have ability to add a Poser runtime, can only import Poser content into 5
    do not bother, you can buy C8.5 cheap enough if in platinum club with V5 and M5 pro bundles included

I started with C5pro in 2009 on a mag disc, got C6 within a month or so it was so frustrating but you do not want that either
    C8 has bullet physics along with 3D paint, dynamic hair etc that 5 never had

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

wow where did you find a copy of Carrara5 pro?

Sorry, like Wendy says I think that's too old to work natively with poser content.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited March 2015

you guys might be wrong -

TransPoser 2 for Carrara 4 or Carrara 3D Basics 2
    – 20 Jan, 2007
    The TransPoser 2TM plug-in for Carrara 4 enables the import of Poser characters and animations. Carrara users now have access to Poser's full range of realistic 3D characters. TransPoser simply takes a Poser scene and inserts it into a Carrara scene, as easy as that! Characters are imported complete with full textures, hair, clothing, animation and lighting.
    Working in Carrara with Poser characters has never been more simple or satisfying. TransPoser 2 builds on the capabilities of the first version by adding support for Poser 5/6 dynamic hair, lighting and texture. With TransPoser 2, your Poser animations will virtually come to life in ways you've only dreamed of. Now you can truly let your imagination take hold of your Poser figures, thanks to Carrara and TransPoser 2!
    Poser is an e frontier product. TransPoser is based on Poser technology provided by e frontier.

EDIT - I have a copy of Carrara 3D - so it will work .

Post edited by bigh on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038
    edited December 1969

carrara 5 can import pz3 files and cr2, pp2 etc anyway as can any carrara since, is what I used to do when I used it,
    I bought Poser 7 as DAZ studio just crashed continually on my old laptop and did stuff in Poser and rendered in Carrara

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    you guys might be wrong -

TransPoser 2 for Carrara 4 or Carrara 3D Basics 2
    – 20 Jan, 2007
    The TransPoser 2TM plug-in for Carrara 4 enables the import of Poser characters and animations. Carrara users now have access to Poser's full range of realistic 3D characters. TransPoser simply takes a Poser scene and inserts it into a Carrara scene, as easy as that! Characters are imported complete with full textures, hair, clothing, animation and lighting.
    Working in Carrara with Poser characters has never been more simple or satisfying. TransPoser 2 builds on the capabilities of the first version by adding support for Poser 5/6 dynamic hair, lighting and texture. With TransPoser 2, your Poser animations will virtually come to life in ways you've only dreamed of. Now you can truly let your imagination take hold of your Poser figures, thanks to Carrara and TransPoser 2!
    Poser is an e frontier product. TransPoser is based on Poser technology provided by e frontier.

EDIT - I have a copy of Carrara 3D - so it will work .

I could never get Transposer to work. I imported the object files and rigged myself in C5.

I agree with Wendy, get the latest version. Even if you don't use Genesis, V4, M4 etc. work great.

• xantorxantor Posts: 27
    I found that I already had a copy of version 6, so I added the runtime to that.
  • 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

there are some big improvements in Carrara 8.5,. and as already mentioned above,. the price for carrara pro (upgrade) is pretty cheap for what you get ,.. it;'s probably less that the price of the bundled content alone