Transfer utility - How to create clothing for a specific morph character?

SkatingJesusSkatingJesus Posts: 66

Hi everyone!

I'm currently trying to create a tunic for a G2F character. This custom character is made with various presets:xx% of Victoria 6 body, xx% of Gisele 6, etc...

I create clothes with Marvelous Designer, with the standard G2F model, to get an obj file. I import the obj file to daz, use the Transfer utility to make it fit to the standard G2F, everything works fine.

But as my custom G2F character has custom morphs, especially for breast, it makes some underbreast deformation, that I wanted to get rid of. So, I imported my custom character as the avatar in MD, and worked on it that way.

After importing the obj file into Daz, it looks alright (Picture A) (as it's not linked to the character), but when I use the Transfer utility, it adapts wrongly, as it seems that Daz keeps using the G2F standard as reference, adding the specific morphs twice (Picture B).

So, my question is: what do I have to click (or unclick) in the Transfer utility box, to make it fit to my custom character? (even if it can fit only for that custom character, because I can redo the whole cloth foranother custom character)

The only "parade" I found is to play with the Smoothing Modifier. It's better than nothing, but it doesn't simulate gravity as I wanted.

PS: before you ask, I don't use dForce, because it's very veeeeery slow on my computer.

Thanks in advance for your help!

C-Fitting box.jpg
1105 x 1587 - 477K
Post edited by SkatingJesus on

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,013

Check "reverse source shape from target" in options if your item is made for a modified figure.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,119

It's generally advised to design for the default shape, but if that's not working for you and you're designing for a morphed shape, you should check the "reverse source shape from target" box, if I remember correctly. It's possible that I'm mixing it up with "reverse deformations" in the morph loader dialogue, but it's worth a try either way.

• Leana said:

Check "reverse source shape from target" in options if your item is made for a modified figure.

Gordig said:

It's generally advised to design for the default shape, but if that's not working for you and you're designing for a morphed shape, you should check the "reverse source shape from target" box, if I remember correctly. It's possible that I'm mixing it up with "reverse deformations" in the morph loader dialogue, but it's worth a try either way.

Thank you both for your fast answer. I tried your tips, and it worked better (A: no link, this is the basic obj prop /// B: after transfert utility fitting, with your tips) If I smooth it more, it gives me an acceptable effect (Picture C) I guess the under breast remaining deforamtion is related to specifics morphs on my character. your help had been very helpful anyway! Thanks friends!
  • Rather than black bars please just put the Viewport into Smooth Shaded drawstyle (or remove the textures from the human figure).

• Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,064

I didn't realize you could do it through two different ways.  Is there a difference between going through Transfer Utility or Morph Loader Pro?  Any advantage or disadvantage between the two methods?

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,119

Seven193 said:

I didn't realize you could do it through two different ways.  Is there a difference between going through Transfer Utility or Morph Loader Pro?  Any advantage or disadvantage between the two methods?

You can't, to my knowledge, use Morph Loader to rig an item. Morph Loader does exactly what it says on the tin, and nothing more. Transfer Utility, by contrast, can transfer rigging and morphs from an existing item.

• all stuff i design in clo3d gets crazy deformed when i transfer utility. what am i doing wrong? if i apply dforce, it explodes

shit.JPG
    532 x 611 - 51K