How can I easily make versions of a custom property?

I made a pretty complicated keyed ERC property to bend a model of a footbridge to the left.

I don’t want to go through all that work again to make the version of it for bending it to the right.

Is there a way to copy the left-bending version and just adjust the parameters from left to right?

Like, what is this thing called “Property Cloner”?

Comments

• It's not something I've tried but I think you would need to copy the saved .dsf file (from /data/author/product/...) for the proerpty, uncompress it, and edit to chnage the name and adjust the sign of the links (though you could do the latter in DS)

• lukon100lukon100 Posts: 752

Richard Haseltine said:

It's not something I've tried but I think you would need to copy the saved .dsf file (from /data/author/product/...) for the proerpty, uncompress it, and edit to chnage the name and adjust the sign of the links (though you could do the latter in DS)

Thanks, Richard. I tried that and it seemed to work ok except for one tiny problem.

On the right-bending version I made, the surface looked like it was having trouble complying with the stretching. But it only looked this way in texture shaded mode in the viewport. Iray mode showed no surface problem. And the original left-bending version still looked perfect.

• Odd, I don't know why it would have that issue.