Newb questions regarding Install Manager? Can you...

I should probably know this,  but I always manually installed and just used the content library.  so some Newb questions regarding Install Manager?

Can you move the location of the product after installation?  I had installed a few products by default on my C drive,  before I setup my main content directory on my D drive,  I now want to move those already installed products from C to D.  If possible,  how?

Comments

• If you kept the zips in the Downloads folder used by DIM then, after updating the instalaltion path, you can select the ones installed to C:. right-click and select the option to reinstall using current paths.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,221

Thank you Richard for the info.  I did in fact "check" the available "Delete download file after install" in DIM.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited January 2022

You can change all the paths within DIM if you want things in other locations. So if you are just deleting the zips to save room but would really like to keep them as a backup then redirect the path in DIM to a location that you would prefer to store them. You can do the same with almost everything DIM saves. You can make it so there is hardly nothing on your primary drive and almost all is being stored on a secondary or external drive.

Did you install those products on your C: with DIM? If so Go through your "Installed" tab and select the products you already installed on the C:, click on the arrow next to the uninstall button and select "Reinstall the xxxx Package". It will move the product back to "Ready to Install" and from there select the new location and reinstall. If you want to get the zip back they once it's in "Ready to Install" either select the box on the individual products, RT click and selece "Delete Package(s)" and then select "All Selected" and it will move all the products back to "Read to Download" in which you can redownload all the zips and point DIM to teh new Default location.

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,221

Thanks Frank for the instructions. Very helpful.