getting checker pattern in my base color

As the title says I am for some reason getting a checker pattern in my base color map. looks like some opacity, but i can't get rid of it. any suggestions?

Much aprreciated :)

checker pattern.png
2560 x 1440 - 4M

Comments

• So the first img was kinda dark, so I'll post another. it is kinda hard to see, but it has greenish pattern

checkers 2.png
    2560 x 1440 - 4M
  • felisfelis Posts: 3,657

How does the texture look if you take it into an image editor?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

Those are probably compression artifacts, either in the original JPEG texture map supplied in the product, or introduced by Iray texture compression. If the original texture map looks clean, go to your Render Settings tab and select the Advanced subtab. Double your Medium Threshold value and High Threshold value. Render again.Continue this until you get a clean render. Note that increasing these values will use more memory on your GPU, so it is a balancing act. Don't arbitrarily make the values huge for renders that don't have artifacts. The default 512 and 1024 work well in most cases, but not all.

• Thank you for your answers.

The threshold worked. Had to get it to 2048 and 4096 befor it worked.

Was really annoying my.

Just in case other users have the same problem. I made this texture in substance painter, and it rendered fine there. maybe i made some mistake when exporting.

well thanks again

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

I'm glad you got it resolved. There is really nothing magic about "doubling" the threshold values. It is just a quick way of increasing until you find a good result. You can experiment with other values, too, if you wish.