Any UK Carrara / Daz user here interested in collaborating on a project?

DADA_universeDADA_universe Posts: 336
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I plan to apply for a grant to create new work (deadline for submission is 7th April). I also want to introduce at least 6 interns at my end to the fundamentals of using Carrara / Daz Studio for visual storytelling, so there's a capacity building / training angle to what I want to do. The grant requirement stipulates collaboration with a UK artist / studio, so that's where you come in if you use Carrara and or Daz Studio for visual storytelling (still images and preferably animation too, but not compulsorily) !

Regarding timelines, if the grant is awarded (and that would really be fantastic), project development is to take place between May and September 2015 and project delivery is to happen from September 2015 till April 2016. If anyone is interested, then three to four hours a week might suffice, but if you feel you'd like to engage with the project at a greater level of involvement, that would actually be super. I'm just trying to be realistic and conscious of time demands we all have to cope with here.

Though I have a fairly good idea of what I'd like to do, I'll be interested in discussing twists to the 'plot' with the collaborator(s), especially if it helps them create the kind of work they want to do as well.

Please point UK Carrarators you know to this thread and if you're the one, please send a PM, even if only to ask questions, note though that I might not have all the answers just yet, in fact you might be the one giving some of the answers cuz I'm also prospecting! :coolsmirk:

Comments

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

I'm not in the UK, so can't assist, but hope some other UK Carrarators join in.

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited December 1969

Dada, I do not see your post on Carrarators…

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,956
    edited December 1969

In Australia so utterly no help but it just occurred to me, DuDu :lol: Dada :lol: no Dodo???
    Thread Derailment in process
    Nevermind, carry on ;-P

• argus1000argus1000 Posts: 701
    edited March 2015

Does Dudu love Dada more than Dada love Dudu?

Post edited by argus1000 on
    edited December 1969

I' m afflicted, but I'm almost sixty years old and all my friends call me Dudu since I had ten years… It is a sympathetic abbreviation of my family name (Marc Durieux).
    Argus, say it ten times without stopping !
    Dodo here, it's when it's time to sleep and now... DUDU dodo.
    Bye ! :lol:

• argus1000argus1000 Posts: 701
    edited March 2015

Sorry, Dudu. I didn't mean to afflict you. I just couldn't resist. Wendy put me up to it.
    BTW, I'm in awe of the technical wizardry of your earthquake movie.

Post edited by argus1000 on
    edited December 1969

He Argus, I'm not afflicted at all !
    I laugh about anything and I like much this kind of conversation !
    Thank you for your comment on my sequence "catastrophe" on Youtube !

• DADA_universeDADA_universe Posts: 336
    edited December 1969

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes I did notice the DADA, Dudu alliance, and I expect there would be Dodo very soon :cheese:. Just to explain away my own 'affliction', DADA actually is an acronym for Design And Dream Arts......which is the title my small company is styled after. Hence DADA_universe encapsulates my excursion in the world of design and the arts.

@ Jonstark and Wendy, who knows, if there's some opportunity that could fund collaboration in your own neck of the woods soon, (or intercontinental collaboration for that matter) that would be awesome, I think it would be impressive to see members of this forum collaborating on projects and maybe coming back at some point to share from the experience.

@DUDU_00001, I've looked in @ Carrarators site a few times but given that I sometimes find myself gasping trying to keep up with conversation in this forum, I'm unable to be half as energetic on any other forum. But I think there's good stuff going on there all the same and would keep looking in.

edited December 1969

We already tested a collaboration on Carrarators (initiated by Mike Moir), and it fallen into oblivion.
    I believe that it is very difficult to bring together some people for a common project because each one have its own projects and other occupations in the life.
    If you reduce your request to the people of the U.K., I think that the chances are very thin to lead to something of concrete.
    Good luck all the same !

• DADA_universeDADA_universe Posts: 336
    edited December 1969

We already tested a collaboration on Carrarators (initiated by Mike Moir), and it fallen into oblivion.
    I believe that it is very difficult to bring together some people for a common project because each one have its own projects and other occupations in the life.
    If you reduce your request to the people of the U.K., I think that the chances are very thin to lead to something of concrete.
    Good luck all the same !

Oh, actually I'm just looking for one collaborator, (I'd say a few other people might still join as training participants, but its early days to say how that might work) but this project will be serious business all the way with well defined terms of reference and all that. I think people come together to collaborate on projects professionally all the time, it has its own challenges but those are a bit different from community based projects which are 100% volunteer based. The restriction to UK based artists is simply to fulfill the grant requirements and not to cut off other people or anything like that. Thanks for the good wishes!

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes I did notice the DADA, Dudu alliance, and I expect there would be Dodo very soon

I could swear I once saw a Didi posting around here somewhere, though that could have been in the Commons... :)

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

I'm in the UK, but sadly I'm up to my eyeballs in stuff, with no sign of it easing up before year end (I don't even manage to enter the Challenge more than 1 month in 3...)