Mysterious Planet (Story and imagery in one place)

junkjunk Posts: 1,228
edited January 2022 in Art Studio

Hi Daz community!

I have been pushing these images out about every five days... I'm very slow.  Anyways I finished it and thought I would put it together in one place.  It's not pulitzer kind of stuff but maybe someone can find it fun or interesting.  I present to you the adventure of Sarah and the Mysterious Planet:

-Tom

Mysterious Planet 1 of 7
LINK TO THE GALLERY IMAGE

One million light-years from Earth a lone space explorer finally gives in and initiates the distress signal. Computer projections of abundent energy in this quadrant were sorely off the mark.

Nearly all hope is lost other than a faint energy reading picked up near the northern portion of one of the large continents. "It's my only hope of ever reaching home" thinks Sarah as she approaches the location.

* BLAM *

An explosion from the rear of the vessel takes place just as she is landing. With the little time that she has, she grabs her multi-use tool and weapon before the ship bursts into flames.

What should be fear is replaced with astonishment at the structures and pathways that seem formed by an advanced race. Hexagon platforms arranged next to one another form a stair system that reaches downward into what looks like an entrance.

* BLAM *

Another explosion takes place behind Sarah but this time she witnessed the electrical discharge from the corner of her eye. Turning around she quickly falls back in surprise at seeing another being observing her.

Sarah has seen combat and knows how to handle herself in tough situations. With some of the quickest reflexes ever seen she stealthily grabs her weapon and aims it at the alien standing before her.

"Child, no" appeared in Sarah's head as if they were spoken but not heard or even a recent memory of something someone said. Not giving creed to what just took place she shouts out "who are you?" and "what do you want?" holding steady with her ray gun.

The crystals around her and the markings on the alien being begin to pulse wildly. The weapon she was holding suddenly becomes cold to the touch and the trigger frozen in place. It slowly pulls away from her grip like a rolling bus and no matter how hard she grips it, it keeps moving unaffected by her attempts.

Now unarmed, Sarah stands quickly ready to run. More words appear in her head reading "fear, no" just like the the moment before.

This time the alien raises it's other arm, already glowing and pulsating in green, just before three rings of light illuminate and surround her. Beyond breathing, any attempt in running is met with absolutely no movement whatsoever. Sarah is now completely unable to budge a limb and beginning to panic.

The alien then gestures his hand forward and Sarah begins to slowly float towards them. Just as she reaches the edge of the step she breaths deeply as the horror of falling consumes her. Soon she passes the treshold and is suspended in the air several hundred feet from the ground below.

"Is this it? Is this how it is going to kill me?" she thinks in frustration. "Fear, no" once again appears in her head as if it read her thoughts and is replying.

From the corner of her eye she sees a round vessel silently passing through the smoke of her engulfed vessel. Overwhelmed, a heavy tiredness overcomes Sarah before she faints.

Mysterious Planet (4 of 7)

Sarah awoke to a splitting headache and instead of confusion... clarity. You see while she was asleep information was implanted in her mind. It's as if she has been reading a story of a race of people who went forward and explored the galaxies that surrounded them. Though she cannot explain it, their experiences and trials were also part of it as if she had lived through it with them.

During their time of exploration they met all kinds of beings but never any from the human race. That was until a vessel in deep destress was found floating through their galaxy. All life forms except for one were savable but even then they had no idea how to help them. The only course of action was to suspend the last one in time for what would be approximately 300 of Earths years.

Now that they have met their second human there is hope once again that the one can help the other.

Mysterious Planet Part 5 of 7

Day three and with the help of the multi-use tool Sarah has been attempting to reanimate the astronaut. Bio and brainwave scans indicate that the process is working but there is still so much that could go wrong.

Other than occasional movement and pounding on the crystals walls the alien, whose name translates loosely to Protector, has been unable to access his thoughts. All Sarah can do is watch intently for any eye movement or possibly even words to be formed. While she knows quite about human physiology she's never helped revive someone that has been frozen for 300+ years.

It wasn't until the fourth day that she was awoken by someone calling to her. "Hey! Hey! Sleeping beauty let me out of here! I'm starving."

Mysterious Planet 6 of 7

Two earth months have gone by since William was revived. Thank goodness for the multi-use tool as we would have no concept of time here in paradise. A day lasts much longer and a year is over double the time I'm used to.

The Protector has shared a lot with us about this planet and his people both named Eonia. Its history is as rich as it bountiful growth and energy supplies. But while we learned a lot, we had to figure out simple things on our own such as what tastes good and what doesn't.

The animals here are very gentle, curious and adorable. We've learned that they are vegetarian and decided to follow their lead eating only the plants and fruit that grow so abundantly. Even bugs don't bother us and I've identified at least two dozen different species so far.

William is remarkably intelligent and witty... the most perfect man I've ever met. And while the Protector and him cannot seem to communicate as easily, I do most of the communicating for the three of us.

The most dire piece that we have learned is that there seems to be no way to get back home to Earth. All traces of the path I took to get here are lost along with clothing and supplies. Since the Protector is the last of his kind and since he has never met an Earthling, until William, the chances of getting back are infinitely bleak.

By the way it's the fruit at the top of the plant that tastes the best if you're wondering.

Mysterious Planet Finale

Hi Mom,

You know how you always wanted me to meet a man who treated me right and loved me for me? Well I met someone. He's kind, brave, smart and goes out of his way to make me laugh.

William and I have so much in common with our love for exploration. Where we met is pretty far from home AND it's a one in a million, make that a billion, chance of it even happenning. I still can't believe it but here we are.

I'm giggling right now from an inside joke of ours. He calls me Eve and I always reply "what's that Adam?" Another one you wont understand is that I call him "old man".

You know I've always wanted to see the universe and find if life existed out there beyond the stars? Well mama I did! We've proven, but may never get to share, that other life does exist. Not only that we've found a planet that provides a place to live plus everything you ever would need. Water, food, a temperate climate and friendly life. It truly is Utopia.

There's one more thing... I'm pregnant. In a few months we'll be welcoming him or her into this world. A world they'll call home.. or we'll call home as a family.

And no... I don't know if it's a boy or girl yet. The multi-tool could easily help us with this as it already does in so many ways. But we decided to keep it a surprise. You'll be the first to know.

Please be happy for me and know that I am safe. Maybe one day you'll actually be able to read these messages, but until then I'll keep writing.

Love Sarah

Thank you for following along.  My favorite image is the fourth with her waking up in front of the encased space man.

-Tom

Post edited by junk on