Parameters is now missing and I get this error message as well

ckalan1ckalan1 Posts: 88
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Since I updated to the latest version of Carrara 8.5, the parameters are no longer available for modification. I also get the message Warning "... could not be found.

Anyone know how to solve these problems?

Thanks,
Craig

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,044
    edited December 1969

What parameters? What are you trying to do when the message appears?

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

Morph sliders = parameters in 8.5, there's a new tab for the character named 'parameters' where are the morphs are and sliders to change the parameters. I saw in the beta thread above that Varsel is reporting the latest beta isn't loading the parameters, perhaps that's what the OP is running into? I've never had this happen, but then again I'm not using the latest beta...

• ckalan1ckalan1 Posts: 88
    edited December 1969

Jonstark explained what I am having trouble with. Here is what I am doing. I start Carrara. After it is finished initializing I make a new scene. (Medium size) Then I load Genesis 2 Base Female.
    Now I expand the Genesis 2 Base Female under the Instance tab at the bottom of the Properties window. Click on the Actor line.

At the top of the Properties window the Parameters tab will appear. It is on the same row as the General and Motion tabs. I click on the Parameters tab and then click on the triangle to make sure its corresponding information is visible.

The only item that shows up is Root. Before I updated it would display all the sliders that control the morphs and any other modifiable characteristics of the model.

The other problem of the data not being found happened to me before but it went away and now it is back. That problem happens only on some of the models. For example, I can load Genesis but I can not load in Jasmin. Yet I can load in the +Andrea Character

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,099
    edited December 1969

Sorry, Craig, if I led you in the wrong direction. It sounds like your version of the Carrara Beta is not finding and using the Genesis starters essentials files. I am using Daz Studio 4.7 and the first Carrara Beta, not Daz Studio 4.8 and the second Carrara Beta. Therefore, I can't try to absolutely recreate what you are going through. However, if you used DIM to install your Studio-related content, you might use Dim to find out where it installed the files associated with Genesis Starters essentials and some representative morph packs if you have bought any. See what folder tree they installed to, and see if that is where Carrara is looking for files. The closest that I have had to what you are going though was when I made a scene in Studio, saved it as a scene subset in duf format to a different drive, and then Carrara would not find any of the morphs/textures even though Studio did. Since Studio 4.8 and the newest Carrara Beta have come out, many of us are having problems with Carrara losing track of file references - but unfortunately we can't confirm if the problems are related.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,099
    edited December 1969

It may be a more general problem of the most recent Beta.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/48629/P210/#789572

• ckalan1ckalan1 Posts: 88
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the information. I hope they get this fixed soon.

Craig

• MythmakerMythmaker Posts: 606
    edited March 2015

diomede64 said:
    The closest that I have had to what you are going though was when I made a scene in Studio, saved it as a scene subset in duf format to a different drive, and then Carrara would not find any of the morphs/textures even though Studio did.

I'm DS4.7 Carrara 8.5pro release version, I can confirm this.

If I save my DS custom Genesis morphs to a different drive from DIM's drive, the morphs won't show up in Carrara Parameters.

For now I save everything DUF to the content drive where DIM is installed.

Post edited by Mythmaker on
  • BratpiperBratpiper Posts: 47
    edited December 1969

RE http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/48629/P210/#789572

Raised a Bug report, and have just responded to a request for further info .
    Hopefully it will get sorted.