Make up not working

I have this new girl, Cathrine for Gen 8 and she looks great and all but the makeup items just does not load onto the figure. I had this issue before. A few years back with Tammie/Rachel only the eye color worked. As for likps etc, forget it. I have another model that it does not show up when you load the makeup but it does render and it appears but as far as Tammie/ Rachel and now Catherine I just can't get the eye shadow, lip stick, even eye color to load and render on the model. 

Any suggestions? 

Comments

• This character https://www.daz3d.com/catherine-hd-for-genesis-8-females ? It appears to use a GeometryShell as an extra layer to which the makup is applied, it looks to have a preset for aplying that - probably in the base folder for the character rather than the sub-folder with the makeups.

• okay... base folder and sub folder? Interesting. Which i which. I load the figure, go to "Materials" scroll down to that character and apply makeup. What am I missing here?

• Try looking in the Content Library under Daz Studio Formats - if you right-click on one of the files, assuming you are in Smart Content, you should get an asset to Show Asset In Mapped (or Virtual) Folder.

• StargazeyStargazey Posts: 239
    edited January 2022

In Smart Content the shells are in the "Props" folder! Load the Makeup shell then the Liner shell. Then apply the makeup to the main figure (not to the shells).

You may notice that the pupil on the left eye is bigger than on the right! If you go to the  Shaping Tab - Currently Used, there is a slider for Catherine Eye which only seems to affect the left eye!

Post edited by Stargazey on