a Data folder has disappeared?

I have a seperate runtime for characters I have converted using the Riversoft G3 to G8 character converter which have been working fine for ages.

Unfortunatly the data folder for these characters has disapeared into thin air but everything else is still there?

I checked the origional G3 characters and they are still there its only the convertions that have evaporated.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

Comments

• You say disappeared and still there - disappeared from where, still there when you look how?

• MouserMouser Posts: 675

A folder within the data folder is no longer there, it is located in a seperate runtime I created for converted items (comverted to genesis 8).

The other converted content (data folders & content) is still there (clothes, hair etc) but the data folder with the converted characters has disapered and is no loner there.

All the files, folder & content are there except for the data folder.

I opened the data folder and the 'daz 3d' folder is missing?

I've been using this for months without issue and now the folderis  just no longer there?

data error.jpg
    1504 x 631 - 195K
  • Ran a search for it with the OS' search widgit. And/or take a look in nearby folders, it may have been picked up and dropped inadvertently by you into another folder.

Already looked but I know I havnt navigated through the folders recently so how could I have moved or deleted it even by acident.

If it was all the data folders I could chalk it up to something getting corupted but just this one folder and without a trace..

I can just convert them all again that will just cost some time but what if DS decides to delete them again or something else later on.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,474

The path DS is looking for, does not look right with the commas

Yes your right but why and where has the path changed and only for the characters and nothing else?

I have not changed any path info myself, what could?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,474

Have you checked that your content libraries are still correctly configured in Content Directory Manager?

• Mouser said:

Already looked but I know I havnt navigated through the folders recently so how could I have moved or deleted it even by acident.

If it was all the data folders I could chalk it up to something getting corupted but just this one folder and without a trace..

I can just convert them all again that will just cost some time but what if DS decides to delete them again or something else later on.

DS doesn't delete data folders. One has to intentionally uninstall products or manually delete stuff.

I assumed the data would be in the same runtime but it may be a path issue.

I re-ran a conversion of one of the characters and that one is working but the data file is not in that runtime.

I think this is a path issue but I cant figure out how and where the characters path changed?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,818

if your duf is not compressed you can find all the paths in notepad

and yes in my experience auto adapted files can land almost anywhere between multiple libraries 

I am always finding old bloat from deleted scenes in my 5 or more libraries on multiple discs

saving as a support asset gives more control but that too I check everytime as they overwrite each other if the same outfit on different genders for example, other things like the same name (not the name you save it as but the name the PA has used) can do it too ie pants top etc 

Everything is compressed or it wont fit, I have a feeling I am going to have to reconvert it all.

• Mouser said:

Everything is compressed or it wont fit, I have a feeling I am going to have to reconvert it all.

Navigate to the data folder of the character you converted, make a copy of the file and change the file extension to .7z, then unzip uncompress the file (you may have to download a .7z utility.) You can open the uncompressed file in a text editor and check the file path.

I cant navigate to the converted data files as they are not in the data folder. 

The orgional unconverted characters are working fine