New Animated Episode 14 Suggestions and Feedback

Here is the Opening of Episode 14, I am not finished. So the ending does not look exactly how I want it.  I was looking for comments and suggestions.  I want to see if the overall feel is suspensful and would keep your interest. Thanks for the feed back. I am still working on it. 

This is a promo for my Animated DAZ Course I am teaching. Just skip to (1:21) to see the opening scene section. https://drive.google.com/file/d/13TOS2aBRXmtBZc3pFB_S94zVpK4AK5il/view?usp=sharing

Comments

• Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,197
    edited January 2022

Hi,

Well done. Good work.

This is just my opinion, as a fellow animator, with my own background and taste. Comments in chronological order.

1. You are good at titling, they look good.

2. They go on too long. 40 seconds of titles - I'm going to be skipping after about 5 seconds.

3. I liked the sped up scene development section with the voice over intro. Makes 3d animating look exciting, and quick. It's not of course ha ha - well exciting in slow mo.

4. This is where I may differ from other people's opinion, but for me the shot after that of the spooky house was too long. More action is required or faster changing shots to maintain visual interest. I'd also get to the point quicker. This is a demo of your skill as well as a course intro, and prospects want to be wowed, or at least see a montage of interesting things they wish they could do - so you need to show them your demo reel.

5. Now we get to the animation proper. Lots of interesting movement on the child, nice one. I also liked the moon shining on the tree. The lab scene looked great! One thing though is this a toon look or a real people look, becuase the kid looks toon to me, and the father and scientists look to have real proportions. Maybe stick with one look.

I'm looking to make a demo of my own soon, feel free to comment back when that happends.

Cheers

Post edited by Sci Fi Funk on
  • Awesome, thanks for the input! I will work on some things and get back with ya! Thanks again!