Four arms request

Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,899
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

Things I would really like to see:
Four arms for Genesis 2
UV maps for four arms so that it can be used for more skins. (I have Soomian and the base, but it'd be nice to more easily add stuff)

Comments

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited March 2015

I did ask the creator about this, a while back, but they said it was unlikely, due to the problems involved.

An unknown vendor is attempting something similar for Genesis 2' however... Don't know who or if it's one or both genders.

Would like to see more skins for the original Four Arms, though - and, especially, suitable female clothing!

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
  • riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

The only other skin set for Four Arms I'm aware of is in RawArt's Triclops, which is in today's 90% off sale. The Four Arms graft's UV mapping is similar to V4's; not all, but a fair number of Victoria 4 skins will work on it. My avatar was made with a V4 skin & Four Arms. I would also like to see Four Arms updated to support more shapes.

Clothing could be an issue, since an item can only be fit to one thing at a time. If you made a four-armed shirt, for example, you could fit it to Genesis or the Four Arms graft, but not both. You would probably have to make the part of the shirt that covered the graft as a separate piece; then each section would work properly. I haven't made any clothing yet, so I'm just guessing here. JoLab was planning on his Baryolax suit supporting the figure's four-armed option, but so far he hasn't gotten it to work.

If a vendor is making something similar for Genesis 2, I hope it supports most of the iconic figures, and morphs from various sets that affect the arms and hands. I could also find a lot of use for a six-armed version, but given the relatively limited appeal for products like this, I won't hold my breath.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,899
    edited March 2015

The note about V4 is helpful, thank you! I can tweak skins, but the more to start with, the better!

Edit: also, regarding clothing... this is one area where dynamic clothing for loose stuff can be handy!

Post edited by Oso3D on
  • Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited December 1969

Please note that the DAZ Commercial Products forum is for DAZ PAs to post their products only. As this appears to be a product suggestion, I moved it to that forum.

edited December 1969

Woops! Sorry about that.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,255
    edited December 1969

If soneone does do a four-arms product for G2, is there any way to do an autofit so you can fit clothing to the *arms*, not the figure that the arms are attached to? Because as things stand it isn't possible to clothe the arms and have the clothing autofollow.

edited December 1969

As I understand it, that's because the present product is a geo-graft, which I'm guessing means the clothing doesn't recognise it as a part of the character's body. Not sure if this other item in development will be going down that route.

I'd honestly snap up any upper clothing made for Genesis with 'Four Arms' in mind - even if it's just with sleeveless holes strategically placed on each side. :) Leotards would probably be perfect.

edited April 2015

I've used various robes to good effect. This, for example:
    http://www.daz3d.com/medieval-cloaks-for-genesis-females

It's ... a little annoying to pose, at times, even with two arms. But the cloak is essentially cut all the way down each side.

I've also had luck with dynamic sash and other loose clothing.

Post edited by Oso3D on
  • KyleTwilightKyleTwilight Posts: 19
    edited December 1969

It'd also be nice to be able to apply morphs to Four arms as well. I'm not sure what it would take to be able to make morphs the original two arms apply to those extra arms as well, but it would be nice to be able to adjust it to match the original arms. A way to adapt skin textures to four arms would be cool too.

edited December 1969

Genesis textures can be applied.