Hair for female 8 isn't working.

I recently purchased a few hair products from Daz and when I add them to the characters they render completely white and without any texture. They are the African hair, Alyssa ponytail hair, Surrounding curls hair and the Turbulent Tail hair. Any suggestions on how to add the color and texture? Simply clicking on the material isn't working.

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,646

Maybe try to add an image of what you are getting (remember no nudity allowed).

• I know it might be sideways, but here it is.
    20220113_134444.jpg
    4032 x 3024 - 7M
  • You should have tools to take a proper screen shot - e.g. Snip and Sketch in Windows 10+.

Are you applying materials to the hair? The OutOfTouch hairs at least usually load untextured.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,115

That looks like a 3Delight render. Are you applying 3DL materials to it?

• I tried using the 3DL textures and it still came out like this. And yes, this is 3Delight.

It looks like that none of the hairs you have listed has 3DL materials.

• I tried adding the material from other 3D hair and it didn't work either.
    edited January 2022

If you look in the surfaces tab, is it then a 3DL shader?

Post edited by felis on
  • No. However, I ran it as a Iray render and it worked. Though I primarily use 3Delight for my pix, I may have to run Iray if I want to use those hairstyles.
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,115
    edited January 2022

I just added dForce Deja Hair to a character, applied a 3Delight material preset, and rendered in 3DL. It worked fine, so I don't know what to tell you. I don't have any of the hairs you mentioned in your first post, so I can't test those for myself.

It's on an 8.1 character, and apparently 3DL has no idea what to do with the PBRskin shader.

3Deja.png
    1600 x 1600 - 535K
    Post edited by Gordig on
  • No worries. Thanks for trying. I'll keep messing with it and hopefully I'll figure something out. Cheers!