Need help with layout

DecoyboyDecoyboy Posts: 490

Hello,

So the other day I deleted some tabs on my workspace thinking I'd just add them back later.  But as it turned out, way too much time had passed and I forgot how to put the time line and animate tabs back on the bottom.  Anyhow, I reset my workspace and style and figured I'd just customize my layout again.  I use City Limits and darkside.  So I just customized it to what I had before....... only it's a bit backwards.  I need "A" to be where "B" and "C" is, and "B" and "C" to go where "A" is.  But not just the tabs.  Each letter is actually a window and that's what I need moved.  My left side had the 2 windows and the right side just the 1.  But I can't seem to figure out how I did that all those years ago.  And my mind just can't get use to the backwardness and I would like to get back to what i am use to.  Can anyone help?  Sorry if I didn't describe this too well.

My layout.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 544K
Post edited by Decoyboy on

Comments

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • cgidesigncgidesign Posts: 432
    edited January 2022

You can move a complete Pane-Group (in your case each of A, B, C is a Pane-Group).

Pane-Goup.png
    1313 x 1005 - 310K
    Post edited by cgidesign on
  • DecoyboyDecoyboy Posts: 490

Thanks Cgidesign.  That is what i was looking for.  I knew it was easy, which is why i think i never took the time to save the layout.  Not sure why I was overlooking the undock pane group.  Thanks for your help.

Cridgit...... thanks for trying to help. it wasn't the tabs i needed to move, it was the whole window of tabs (pane group).  Cgidesign had the answer, so now we know how to move groups.

• If you open the option for a pane group - the line/hamburger button in the top corner nearest the Viewport, or right-click the tab - there is a command to Undock Pane Group. You can then drag it by its top bar to the desired position, and release it whjen you see a line of the hoghlight colour.