Hello I am new and need help !

sunbabsunbab Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hello people whats up !

I have been playing with DAZ for about 6 months with all the free stuff and watching a lot of videos. I see a lot of the high res pics and see most of them have paid models (like Victoria 6 etc.). I am not sure what the paid stuff really brings to me. I am ready to buy if it really makes a difference in my work. Thanks so much. I still feel like Alice in wonderland lol.

thanks !

Comments

• R25SR25S Posts: 595
    edited December 1969

I think it depents on what you want to create.

Paid Stuff brings you more Options (Figures, Clothing, Textures, Props, Lighting and so on).

• Steven-VSteven-V Posts: 727
    edited December 1969

The free stuff they give you in DAZ Studio to get started is very basic. The for-pay models generally are of higher quality - nicer skin textures, more attractive/realistic hair styles, better props, and so on. You don't have to buy them... depends on what you want to do with your artwork.

You can also make whatever you want with programs like Blender and Hexagon. But to do really high quality stuff would take a long time to learn and to create them. It all depends on what you want to do.

Me, I want to make the artwork, not build the objects. So to save myself time (and buy stuff that is way better than I'd be able to make in 1,000 hours of trying), I just buy what I need on the shop and get to posing/positioning/rendering.

But that's my preference, and not necessarily anyone else's.