Cannot find Spline tool in Animate 2?

davidcaputokeenedavidcaputokeene Posts: 131
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

I am trying to access the spline tool in Animate 2 in Daz Studio and am following the tutorial which is based on an old version of Daz Studio - I'm in 4.7 - and the 'view' tool inside animate 2 just isn't available. Where is it - this is sending me nuts. It must be something obvious but I cannot find it.
I've attached a screenshot from the tutorial.

2015-03-26_141830.jpg
1905 x 1033 - 492K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,549
    edited December 1969

Are you sure you have entered the serial number for Animate 2? If you aren't seeing some of the tools it may be that you still using AniMate Lite, the cut-down version included with DS.

• davidcaputokeenedavidcaputokeene Posts: 131
    edited December 1969

I have the animate 2 plugin loaded and it shows as enabled in the about plugins.

I have found the tools panel (I'm not sure exactly how - the interface seems expressly designed to prevent users from getting to features) - BUT now when I check Start circles and check rFoot (for example) under Pose splines I see nothing except the big black and yellow pancake sitting on thr ground (what is this pancake thing?) - any way no splines are visible. Any ideas please?

edited December 1969

Forget last question - stupid me - you have to cycle into and stop the aniblock to expose splines. Being able to adjust spline motion by dragging is awesome. Sorry for the panic - but I still think finding the tools is a bit opaque.

edited December 1969

When I adjust the spline motion for either hand in Animate 2 the brest morph in G2 female distorts wildly - seems a bit like magnet attraction? Any ideas or has anyone come across this. Is it a bug?

edited December 1969

If I make any spline changes in Animate 2 with Genesis 2 (V6 to be precise) the breast/chest morph distorts immediately. Any spline point does this? What am I missing or is this a bug with G2 female? The distortion seems to be limited to the spline 'points' at or near the selected part (hand etc.)