Why is this happening?

Could someone tell me why this is happening? I bought HD Body Burns for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Males and I am trying to place the "burn intensity" and when I do, this happens (See pic). Why are the arms where the torso should be? I am following the instructions step by step.

01 Set Quality / Subdivision

02 Geoshells

02.2 Offset Presets

02.3 Skin Material Presets 

02.4 Burn Intensify Presets

Please help.

Screenshot 2022-01-15 034336.png
2217 x 1350 - 1M

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,577

Are you matching the materials with the right Genesis character?

G8F and G8.1F have different UV's.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited January 2022

felis said:

Can have different UVs - Genesis 8.1 does have the standard Genesis 8 UV sets, but it also has one of its own that takes advantage of the new surfaces grouping.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,035

felis said:

Yes, but neither UV puts the arm texture on the torso. I'm looking at this preset in the LIE editor, and it looks like this preset and/or some of the maps were saved incorrectly.

• Yes. I am using the g8 with the g8 materials. The g8 figure in the picture is fresh. I just loaded it. No custom skin, nothing but the figure and the scars.

Are you using the geoshell prop included with the product? That has its own UV for the materials, and applying these presets to the geoshell seems to solve the problem.

• Oh. So I select the shell in the scene and not the figure for the intensity. Is that correct?

For all the presets, I would think. I haven't really put this product through its paces, but I tested it out applying everything to the geoshell, and whether or not it looked like it was supposed to, it at least looked coherent.

• Thanks Gordig. I selected the Geoshell and it solved everything. I've only been using Daz for less than a month, so sorry about the lack of knowledge.

Again, thanks for the help. smiley

Happy to help. I was like you not too long ago.

• Gordig said:

Happy to help. I was like you not too long ago.

I have a question to You: is it bad if I accidentally applied "lie combined mask" to my char insted of geoshell? I've canseled that (ctrl+z), but I'm not sure is it clear back all of changes? Are there any consecuences for my char materials? Thanks in advance!