How do you change camera focal and see the results realtime?

ColemanRughColemanRugh Posts: 511
edited December 1969 in New Users

I searched these forums and the DAZ wiki... how do you change the camera focal and set it's change realtime? I changed it in the 'render' section but apparently it made zero difference. Not sure why then have that editor window.

The DAZ wiki spends a thousand words explaining camera focal theory... I know how to fly... I just need to know where the buttons are :P

Please help... S.O.S. ... ha ha

Thanks!!

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,003
    edited December 1969

You would need to open the Aux Viewport pane to see real time results:
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/new_features/4_7/start#aux_viewport_pane

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I searched these forums and the DAZ wiki... how do you change the camera focal and set it's change realtime? I changed it in the 'render' section but apparently it made zero difference. Not sure why then have that editor window.

The DAZ wiki spends a thousand words explaining camera focal theory... I know how to fly... I just need to know where the buttons are :P

Please help... S.O.S. ... ha ha

Thanks!!

You just want to change the Focal Length of a Camera, and see that change in realtime?

Look through the camera you are changing (instead of Perspective View) and it is a real time operation.
  • ColemanRughColemanRugh Posts: 511
    edited December 1969

Thanks lee_lhs!! That link was what I was looking for - thanks a lot!

Thanks JimmyC_2009! I was trying to figure out how to pick the camera in order to change its parameters... I had to create a camera to do it... and I don't remember how I did that - ha ha. Maybe perspective view is what I need to use all the time... thanks a lot!!

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I had to create a camera to do it… and I don’t remember how I did that

Go to the 'Create' menu at the top of the interface, and select 'New Camera'. You can change the name so that it makes sense to you, the default is 'Camera 1'

Using the drop-down, where you see Perspective View, you can then select any Camera that you have created, and look through it. DS also uses that selected camera to render with.
  • ColemanRughColemanRugh Posts: 511
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much - I appreciate all the help!!