Genesis DSON into Poser then into Carrara? Is this a viable method?

JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

A weird thought popped into my head for no apparent reason, and there are probably good reasons why this wouldn't work, but since Fenric has the plugin to take weight-mapped figures from Poser into Carrara, and Daz has the DSON Importer to take Genesis2 into Poser, I was wondering if there is another method, to take the Genesis2 via DSON into Poser first, then use Fenric's Poser Weightmap Injector to take the Poser-converted Genesis2 into Carrara.

If it sounds crazy to do this when Carrara can already use Genesis2, it probably is, but I wondered if it's even do-able or whether there's something obvious in the logic that I'm missing.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580
    edited December 1969

I think you'd probably lose some features doing it that way -- the DSON Importer for Poser provides some capabilities, like transferring morphs from Genesis to clothing, that are not intrinsic to Poser weight-mapping. But AFAIK the basic capability should work.

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

Interesting, was just curious if this might be a way to 'fix' the infamous genital geografting issue. Maybe I'll have to scratch together some time to give it a try.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038
    edited December 1969

I get distorted messes via Poser with double figures, have tried it for HD morphs
    only successful way I know to add genitals is to make them conforming instead of geografted in DAZ studio using transfer utility
    I have used Sickleyields keeping bones tutorial http://sickleyield.deviantart.com/journal/Tutorial-Saving-Gen-4-Custom-Bones-on-Conversion-417250347
    to put earlier figures bits like M4 on Genesis and G2M so prob could use TU to fit to them too
    hide join with a merkin of carrara hair :lol: