Solved Zero figure before exporting as Obj

HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,969
edited March 2015 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello, I am playing with Wrinkle 3d to make morphs for Daz clothing.

After adding the figure and it's clothing to Studio I conform the clothing to the Daz figure - in this case David.\

I then export David as an obj.
And export the clothing as an obj.

I run the sim in Wrinkle and everything looks fine. I export that as an obj.
I use Morph loader back in Daz and the new morph loads fine.
But when I dial it up the verticies sag around the forearm and wrist (see image) as if the morph has been done in David in a slight pose.
In Wrinkle 3d they look fine.

Perhaps I am meant to turn off IK or Zero the figure in Daz before I export it?
I'm not sure how to do this. Edit I found the menu thanks

Any clues or ideas very welcome.

Untitled2-1.jpg
2000 x 1413 - 198K
Post edited by Headwax on

Comments

• almahiedraalmahiedra Posts: 1,349
    edited December 1969

You can test applying morph to a new load and unfitted cloth instead of the fitted cloth, next fit. I hadn't time to test with fitted clothes, only sheets and clothes over furnitures, and I need apply the morph to a new loaded versions of the item instead of the translated and rotated version that I used for export the *.obj. The morph contain information about translation and rotation applied to original dress, so is better to used in a fresh copy. I don't know if it is the same to fit operation.

If somebody with complete information about "morphs import and base/zero state of item to be morphed" can help here, thanks in advance.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,969
    edited March 2015

gilikshe said:
    You can test applying morph to a new load and unfitted cloth instead of the fitted cloth, next fit. I hadn't time to test with fitted clothes, only sheets and clothes over furnitures, and I need apply the morph to a new loaded versions of the item instead of the translated and rotated version that I used for export the *.obj. The morph contain information about translation and rotation applied to original dress, so is better to used in a fresh copy. I don't know if it is the same to fit operation.

If somebody with complete information about "morphs import and base/zero state of item to be morphed" can help here, thanks in advance.

Thanks, exporting figures in zero position solved it, wish he had of said so in his video ..... Bit of a time wastter having to figure that out! Program works as advertised okay, but it really loses out not being able to change the pose while the cloth settles. I've. Found exporting the object from poser gives a much slower sim, might be my imagination, ...... Vender really needs to get those promised tuts up and running and to have a prescience on the forums,
    Sorry about the typos ... Ipad

Post edited by Headwax on