geometry shell underwear and more

WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,069
edited March 2015 in Product Suggestions

original title
DimensionTheory and other texture/shader artists
altered as nobody pertinent viewing

I did not wish to derail your commercial thread, but you and other texture artists be the ones to implement this,
geoshells can offer a way to add underwear and socks to outfits too and am surprised nobody has tried it yet, LIE gives a painted on effect as do second skins but with the distance offset of geoshell this could be avoided.
Indeed it could be used by texture artists to pimp up many things including props adding offset layers keeping original underlying textures.
I am thinking water planes even adding foam and wake drifts to existing sets, algae, cloud overlays to skydomes and mesh emitter stars and sun behind all great ideas but one needs photoshop skills to create I myself do not have.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Comments

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

I too would like to see more vendors embrace the power of LIE.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,069
    edited December 1969

well not NOT LIE, geometry shells instead :lol:

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited December 1969

Are there tutorials anywhere on how to use the geoshells, I've tried with minor luck and a lot of annoyances

• Marmalade BoyMarmalade Boy Posts: 103
    edited December 1969

I myself would like to know how to use Geometry Shells. I have searched and searched but no clear tutorial is posted anywhere. Lots of explanation of what it can do but no clear explanation of how to go about it.

• Design Anvil - Razor42Design Anvil - Razor42 Posts: 1,235
    edited December 1969

I have started using Geo shells to create overlays, like in my last release DA Circuit One. I find the cross figure and Independant UV map to be very helpful, allowing the set to have good functionality with a variety of figures & settings. It definitely is an aspect of DS that hasn't been fully utilised yet. I never really thought about clothing but it is a good idea worth exploring.